Status
Not open for further replies.

chelu915

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
San Diego, CA.
www.nu-vapor.com
Hey guys Im looking to get rid of my njoy Npro (peewee) for something that 1. Better battery life 2. More vapor and 3. Bigger Cart size I was looking at the 801 but Im unable to get a side by side comparision between the 2? Is one bigger? Better? Whats the side by side comparision??

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I use a cart for several days. I top it off plus I'll sometimes drip a few drops in the atomizer. This has worked well for me. I tried dripping without using the cart and it didn't do well for me because I'm a pretty heavy smoker and it was just too much to keep doing that. Topping off along with the atomizer drops lasted longer for me.

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I seem to remember someone saying they had a problem with the carts and preferred the dripping only, but I don't think that is the case with most users. I found a lot of vapor when I switched from the 2 hole atomizer to the 4 but again, someone else might say something different.

Now as far as flavor...I have a real problem with that....which I am experimenting with now. I seem to have lost my taste buds because I can smell the flavor but I can't seem to taste it after the initial vape. I know the problem is with me because I see others rave about the flavors and I just can't seem to get it. But I don't think this has to do with the 801 itself.

Sorry I can't compare it with the 901 because I don't own one of those :|

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi
I have both,

IMHO -

I prefer the 801

the carts last longer before needing refilling, or changing.

I use USB so battery is no problem for me,
but when I was on batteries, the 801 lasts a lot longer,
3 - 4 times longer.

The taste, flavour is a little milder with the 801,
the 901 does seem to taste stronger, and lots of members say that.
I think maybe the 901 atomizer burns a bit hotter ??
but I just put a bit more flavour in the 801,
and - no probs.

I would reccomend a newbie to start with a--
801 usb smoker, an atomizer and 5 cartridges,
very cheap set up, and you will get a good idea
of if you like it or not.
Then go from there and buy more if you want to.

Di ......

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
ok chelu915,
good luck with it,
let us know how you get on,

please come back and ask anything you want,

I forgot to say, I USE CARTRIDGES,
and top it off when needed,I do not drip on the atomizer,
and I have no probs with that way,
I get about on average, 80 puffs from the cartidges,
before topping up again.
I am trying a new type cartridge which lasts longer.
we shall see how it goes.

Di .....

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Since I have been here, I have always seen the 901 referred to as a good starter for beginners. I never agreed with that, particularly if someone is a heavier smoker. Also, if it's going to be referred that way, I think it should at least be explained that there are longer lasting batts and cartridges with the 801.

I think a lot of users start with it because it does resemble a cigarette more than the 801 but there are some people who don't care about that.

Also, if someone is a light smoker, the 901 might be a better option because they may not go through as many batts and carts as a heavier smoker....but I still think the options should be explained rather than just automatically suggesting the 901.

Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Lu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Since I have been here, I have always seen the 901 referred to as a good starter for beginners. I never agreed with that, particularly if someone is a heavier smoker. Also, if it's going to be referred that way, I think it should at least be explained that there are longer lasting batts and cartridges with the 801.

I think a lot of users start with it because it does resemble a cigarette more than the 801 but there are some people who don't care about that.

Also, if someone is a light smoker, the 901 might be a better option because they may not go through as many batts and carts as a heavier smoker....but I still think the options should be explained rather than just automatically suggesting the 901.

Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Lu

I agree. Thats what i've always felt also.

Chelu915, There are several variations of the 801. Generics itself will give you the DSE, RN, KR, Joye and M series. There are also 2 and 4 hole atomisers to choose from. You might wanna go through the forums to get more info

I own a DSE901 and several DSE801 but they both don't match up to my recent purchase of an M201. Thats a really good penstyle imo and you could check it out.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Do you have a link for the m201?

Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! Buy e-Cigarettes/ Electronic Cigarettes Online Direct from Manufacturer! - Home

I would suggest that you also check out my review here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-reviews/4523-m201-402-my-dream-e-cigs-5.html

There are also many other reviews on the different types of penstyles. You should really check them out too if you are not in a hurry. I've only owned complete sets of DSE801. I've purchased bits and pieces of the RN and Joye parts to test so it wouldn't be fair to compare them. I'm a minority here that finds the M201 a gem.

Delivery, location and purchase amount plays a part too. If you're looking to stock up on parts and carts, i would recommend the link i gave as it could save you a small fortune. But you usually got to wait for a week or so.

If fast delivery and localised service is what you're looking for, there are many US suppliers around here that comes highly recommended. Once again, the review and supplier section will be able to help.

Hope this helps and do let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Also, if someone is a light smoker, the 901 might be a better option because they may not go through as many batts and carts as a heavier smoker....
Yes, when a lighter smoker starts vaping, the taste and feel might quickly become much more important than battery or cart life. That is why I asked. I sort of like the pen design (I actually used cig holder for analogs some time ago, always found it greatly elegant), but if it does not give my taste buds better satisfaction, there is no real need to go and buy just another device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread