808 sealed auto battery to 510 cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
It'll work, from what I hear, but the 510 cartos will kill the battery pretty quick. 808s are not really up to the task of firing that size coil. Best to get a 510 battery, like a vision spinner, or normal eVod battery with 510 threads.
Also, the connection for auto 808s come from the inhalation pulling a plunger to complete the circuit and give you voltage. The adapter should still be able to allow airflow to activate the plunger.

Hope that helps.

phaide

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
It'll work, from what I hear, but the 510 cartos will kill the battery pretty quick. 808s are not really up to the task of firing that size coil. Best to get a 510 battery, like a vision spinner, or normal eVod battery with 510 threads.
Also, the connection for auto 808s come from the inhalation pulling a plunger to complete the circuit and give you voltage. The adapter should still be able to allow airflow to activate the plunger.

Hope that helps.
What do you mean "firing that size coil"? 510's use a different size coil than 808?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Most cartos for cig-sized batts are in the 2.2 to 3.0 ohm range. I think they are saying that 1.7 ohm will drain your battery faster...maybe even be hard on the battery.

But on the original question. Just make sure the adapter has a hole thru it so that you can activate the auto battery when you inhale thru it.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
What do you mean "firing that size coil"? 510's use a different size coil than 808?

Sorry, sometimes what i mean to say and what I type come out wrong.

A 510 coil and 808 coil are different in size and electrical draw. So are the batteries. An 808 battery is very small compared to a normal 510 battery, and so is the capacity for it to fire a coil. An 808 CAN essentially fire a coil in a 510, but the capacity for an 808 to keep firing that 510 is a lost cause, maybe even unsafe. The electrical draw from a 808 carto compared to a 510 is different as well.
Safest bet is to keep 808 cartos with 808 batteries, and 510 tanks with 510 (ego/eVod style)batteries. I wouldn't be surprised if the 808 battery started getting hot after firing a 510 type coil.

Hope that helps. Be safe phaide!

phaide

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
Sorry, sometimes what i mean to say and what I type come out wrong.

A 510 coil and 808 coil are different in size and electrical draw. So are the batteries. An 808 battery is very small compared to a normal 510 battery, and so is the capacity for it to fire a coil. An 808 CAN essentially fire a coil in a 510, but the capacity for an 808 to keep firing that 510 is a lost cause, maybe even unsafe. The electrical draw from a 808 carto compared to a 510 is different as well.
Safest bet is to keep 808 cartos with 808 batteries, and 510 tanks with 510 (ego/eVod style)batteries. I wouldn't be surprised if the 808 battery started getting hot after firing a 510 type coil.

Hope that helps. Be safe phaide!
If it's risky to mix and match the two, then why are there adapters?

phaide

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
So basically, I shouldn't do it? Well. That blows. Been doing everything in my power to try to make the lowly cigalike perform to its full potential. Hmm.. maybe nano clearos would help. Seems that the lowest safe resistance for this 3.7v battery is gonna be 2.0 ohms. Had hoped to maybe lower the resistance slightly for more throat hit and perhaps more vapor. I really don't want to use a chunky unwieldy mod... seems like it's just a matter of time.

phaide

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
You can up your throat hit by adding more PG and nic....But yeah, seems a matter of time, lol.
I only vape juices that are between 70/30 or 80/20 pg/vg. I'm not willing to go higher than the 3mg I already use. Leaves me with nowhere to go.. What would be a good step up that's not too bulky, has adjustable air flow, variable voltage, and isn't too expensive?

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
If it's risky to mix and match the two, then why are there adapters?
There is a little risk...almost not worth mentioning, but its still there. The electrical draw is what would worry me if I were trying to smoke a 510 sized cart with an 808 battery.
I tried to do the same as you at one point, as I didn't want a bulky device and thought the 808s were the perfect size to just blend in and still vape to my liking. I asked my local shop about adapters and they gave me the rundown of the issues associated with it.
I went to the eVod after my 808s and couldn't be happier. The flavor and vape was just so much better than an 808, and much easier to work with. The size is only like a small cigar. The eVod has no adjustable airflow, or VV, but its not bulky. You could try the Vision Spinner too, that has VV, but no airflow adjustments, although, I feel its not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread