Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

me144

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Arkansas
www.lecig.com
The 808D-1 and D-2 are both made by Kanger. They are the same battery, 280mA/H guts etc., however, the screw heads are different.

The D-1:
screw head is a bit shorter (3mm tall)
2 rounds of threads
The thread wall is a bit thicker mil wise (1mm)

The D-2:

A bit taller (4mm tall)
3 rounds of threads
The thread wall is thinner mil wise (.5mm)

You can't fit a D-2 Cartomizer on a D-1 battery, but you can fit a D-1 cartomizer on a
D-2 battery with it slightly grabbing the threads. I don't recommend it though if you want to keep your threads clean on your battery.

That is pretty much the only difference, otherwise they are the same in every other aspect.

I hope that helps :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yes, but what are the actual technical differences? Anyone know?

The site just says "The diffrence between the two is the same with the exception of the screw heads, the D1 is a shorter screw head and the D2 is longer. "

What's the advantage or disadvantage of a "shorter screw head"? :confused:

The center of the atty has to meet the center of the batt for a connection to be made and a short screw might not make it....I don't have one but that's what I'm figuring.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
np KC :)

I have another manufacture with a 300mA/H battery experimenting with a solution to this issue so D1 and D2 cartomizers can work on the same bat.

I'll keep y'all posted ...

:eek: I want one of those since I have both d1 and d2's. Would be awesome to be able to just use one cartomizer for either battery.

Mike wrote a very nice description thoroughly explaining the differences between the two. Here is also a picture that I took of mine for those of you who are more visually inclined. sorry for the blurry pic, i need a new camera...

differencekr8.png

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
I was wondering the same thing, so I ordered some D2's to compare.

+1 to everything LeCig said.

I took some pics too.

The performance seems pretty similar, the only difference I can tell is the thread and the D2 seems slightly slimmer and my ones don't have an o-ring inside, but the mouthpiece cap is a thicker silicone plug, whereas the D1 is thin, hard plastic and the filler seems to come furthur up the tube with the D2... but I havent done a test to see if it will hold more.

All in all they seem pretty much the same, but different.

I would have been better off just getting more D1 cartos and batts, instead of getting both models, but at least now I know.

(in the pics, the green one is the D2)

Attachments

• sbs.jpg
    sbs.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 86
  • dring.jpg
    dring.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 76
  • fview.jpg
    fview.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 83
Status