Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
thankfully i haven't had that issue but I could see it happening, especially with rda's some of mine are very close (if not touching) the top of the coil but hasn't been an issue as of yet. would just need to I guess be aware it you have a short rda.
i don't do metal drip tips either for that reason, too many burnt lips.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't want hot lips either she was way too histrionic to me.

As far as if you find a driptip you really love, and it's a bit looser whatever, yes you can add (another) O ring on top of the first one and if all else fails, wrap it in some dental floss until you get a good fit.

I find it easier to shoot for the drip tips I am going to "like" than whether it will be an exact fit. If it's too Large that is a problem, but most of the time (for me at least) it is the reverse or the tip just fits fine.

Good luck with your endeavors.
Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
thankfully i haven't had that issue but I could see it happening, especially with rda's some of mine are very close (if not touching) the top of the coil but hasn't been an issue as of yet. would just need to I guess be aware it you have a short rda.
i don't do metal drip tips either for that reason, too many burnt lips.
My issue with metal drip tips is they seem to develop cooked on spit gunk.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Thanks lot again. I attached a couple of pictures of the drip tip and atomizer top. This can give you the idea of what I have . Also the below 810 drip tip needs no adapter as it is said to be an 810?

$7.26 Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) 3-pack - 20.5mm / ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Both of the tips that I referred to are 810 drip tips. Both do not have that humongous honking 810 mouth bore that some of us do not enjoy so much. The drip tip that you mention here is the one that has a detachable adapter that you could also use with other 510 tips that you may already own, enabling you to make those 510 drip tips 810 compatible.
Hope that helps.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
As to the o-ring thing it seems to vary a bit. Some adapters have o-rings in the 510, some don’t. You want at least some o-ring somewhere simply to make sure the thing stays in. If you have o-rings on both the inside of the adapter and the outside of the 510 things can get very firm. Perhaps this is good for you? It’s a preference thing I guess. The 510 drip tip I most regularly use is a big 5” churchwarden stem that people around here seem to make a lot of fun of. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, though I do admit it is a bit ridiculous looking. I only vape it at home, and cats don’t laugh that I know of. It’s got one fairly big fat o-ring on it, but I put it in a big block 454 which is native 510 and has no o-rings. It’s a little loose for my taste. It’s a huge drip tip though so there’s that Very much a YMMV thing.
Love it! Where’d you find a churchwarden stem drip tip? I’d LOVE to get one of those for my husband who has some lovely churchwarden stem wooden pipes, that are no longer used (many tobacco pipes really are quite beautiful). Would be fun for old times sake , I guess. I must see this drip tip you speak of and I also must have one!:D

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Love it! Where’d you find a churchwarden stem drip tip? I’d LOVE to get one of those for my husband who has some lovely churchwarden stem wooden pipes, that are no longer used (many tobacco pipes really are quite beautiful). Would be fun for old times sake , I guess. I must see this drip tip you speak of and I also must have one!:D
One? How many pipes does he have? Have you thought this rabbit hole through? If so, there is a wide world of e-pipes that await you. I don't know much about them, do I will defer to experts, but be warned, like combustion pipes, they can get pricey.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
One? How many pipes does he have? Have you thought this rabbit hole through? If so, there is a wide world of e-pipes that await you. I don't know much about them, do I will defer to experts, but be warned, like combustion pipes, they can get pricey.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Oh dear, I fear I hear Pandora’s box opening! [emoji23]

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
EEC1ECBB-8310-4810-8E29-9ABE6B3F0AD5.jpeg
Fasttech

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I know this is not the type of tank the OP is asking about.

However this could be of help to someone else who may be looking for and needing information.

Some top caps have an o-ring installed inside the cap itself. Like so:
Creek-SUPPORT-MANUAL-2.jpg

Was looking at my Creek RDA and the above illustration is the top cap for the Creek.
With the Creek RDA, and like other tanks folks referenced here, an 810 DT should have no o-rings on them for a proper fit. :)

Edit: Zaryk referred to the 2 styles of 810's / with and without o-rings on Pg1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread