86'd 2 HH.357s in 21 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I have had 2- 510 long barrel 2ohm HH.357s die on me in 21 days now. First one lasted 10 days, second one 11 days. I have them on a provari at 4.4v, use 50/50 juice, blow them out(from connector) every 3-4 days, don't let them run dry, what the heck is going on?! I know there is no set lifespan on these, or any atty, but I know they should go longer than this. I metered both of them, both meter as an open, so either a connection is off or the coil is popped/broken. Any ideas? Thanks.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
At 4.4volts what is that, something almost 10 watts?

I have a tough time sometimes vaping at 7.6 Watts - don't know how too many folks can vape higher than that. There is a tolerance thing going on somewhere here.

There actually is a tolerance thing going on... I remember when I was good with a regular 808, probably 6 watts, but with a Provari, over time, I've gone a little warmer, and a little warmer... Now, 8 watts seems cold, and 6 watts is absolutely undetectable. 10-10.5 watts though... seems to be my sweet spot. Been sitting there for months with no signs of going any higher.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
When you say you metered them, do you mean you used your Provari's resistance measurement or did you use a regular multi-meter w/leads ?

The reason I ask is that sometimes the center post on 510 attys/cartos can become recessed ever-so-slightly so that it no longer makes contact with the center post on your Provari (or any other 510 connector device).

So, if you haven't done a resistance measurement with a regular multi-meter yet, I suggest doing that before you give up on your HH.357s. If they DO show the proper ohms on a multi-meter, then you can save them by researching how to "pull your post".

I love my HH.357s and FWIW, I've yet to have one die on me.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I used a regular DMM to meter them. I have since sent them to Hanna and was issued replacements.

At 4.4volts what is that, something almost 10 watts?

I have a tough time sometimes vaping at 7.6 Watts - don't know how too many folks can vape higher than that. There is a tolerance thing going on somewhere here.

There must be, like rondasherrill said, my first kit was a V2 Cigs kit, which was 2.8ohm cartos I believe and 4.2v batteries, so 6.3 watts. I know enjoy my 2ohm HH.357 at 4.7v, which is just over 11 watts. I don't think I really seek out the higher power, but more just what vapes best.

Since the mishap with those two HHs, I have another that has been running well, and I've started another. I'm going to rotate them, say every week or so. I'm thinking by not using them continuously they will last longer. Do you agree?

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
There actually is a tolerance thing going on... I remember when I was good with a regular 808, probably 6 watts, but with a Provari, over time, I've gone a little warmer, and a little warmer... Now, 8 watts seems cold, and 6 watts is absolutely undetectable. 10-10.5 watts though... seems to be my sweet spot. Been sitting there for months with no signs of going any higher.

Wow I did not know that.

THough I have still seen Scott on his videos will crank it down to where he's getting about seven to eight watts out the tail-pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread