900 mah vv battery ego style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Are you looking specifically for a joyetech battery? If so, Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA -- they're an official Joye distributor, and that's where I got my 900 from.

If you're looking for a vv-type battery, though, you won't find it from Joye -- theirs are definitely regulated voltage. Riva has an excellent 900mah battery which is slightly higher-voltage than the Joyetech ones. I alternate between my Joyetech, generic egos, and Riva batteries, all with great success. For Rivas, I've found Liberty Flights is a great source.

mikeyk101

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago, IL

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
i really don't know how to explain this, but i will give it a go. i bought this battery from a vendor, it has no markings on it. (so i presume it is not a joye product, but i really don't know). that being said, it does work as described, however, when i charge it, the lights blink on the charge indicator and the color ring on the top lights up and stays a solid color. this is where it gets scarry, when i unplug it from the usb on my laptop or the 110 wall outlet the lights on the charge indicator and the color bar at the top continue to stay light. how is this possible? with no power going to it, shouldn't it shut down?

if someone that has one of these could chime in and tell me if yours does the same thing? and if it is suppose to do this?

mikeyk101

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago, IL
No I don't think it should be doing that. I have 3. The color band on mine only lights when the button is pushed and indicates the output level. The only issue that I have had with them (and all 3 do this) is when they are fully charged and I jump it up to 3.7V (red and blue) it will keep resetting to the lower 3.4 (red) setting until one of the LED bars drops.Once the LED bar drops, I can use the 3.7V after that with no problem. I can use it fine on 3.4V or jump it up to 4.2V (blue) and it will stay there the whole time without resetting. I know that when I got my first 2, one of them died only a couple weeks into use. The vendor I used had a 180 day warranty on them and had no problem sending out a replacement. You might contact the vendor and discuss this issue....

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I would recommend contacting the supplier from where it came, anything that seems out of character probably is, it's not worth the risk. If you decide to purchase from another supplier be sure to purchase the charger specifically for it, or better yet, get a complete kit.

edited to add;

Many have also cautioned against using your laptop to charge, be sure to get the wall wart for the charger, I think imho this is just good advise!

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I have vv egos, I got mine from gotvapes and they are great, but I don't know if they are carrying them right now, I don't see them on there. I saw them here: http://www.ecigexpress.com/joye-ego...ry-with-lcd-screen-ego-510-select-size-p-1024

I have neither had the problem of the lights staying on OR the problem of the voltage going down with use or right after charging. I think for both people those batteries are faulty.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
this is the reply i got from my question in post number 6 on this thread.

nothing scary about it. the integrated circuit has a retention menory and for 3-7 seconds it displays to you the power voltage level to give you time to decide if you want to change it to another level or start vaping at the default level. mine does the same thing. You can press the power button and cycle through the levels and it stops lighting up after you decided what level you choose to use. Or shuts off on it's own.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
The best source I've found for genuine Joyetech stuff is esmokeronline. Ask for Tim; he's very knowedgable and helpful. I have an Ego-T with 1000 mah batteries and I couldn't be happier.

I think the first PV I ever bought was a counterfeit Joye 510 like yours might be. The big giveaway was that the manual button lit up blue, not white. Just wondering what color yours is.

Just happened to re-read your opening post and noticed the "VV" part. As far as I know, my batteries are constant voltage (3.7?), so please bear that in mind.

Last edited:

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
i still have my first two batteries (1000 mah ego-t ) and they do not say joye on them, so i imagine they are not joye. but they still work just fine

i can guarantee you the vv ego battery is not joye cause the vendor was asked who made it and his answer was a total run around the question, he should be running for office if that is how he answers a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread