Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
I finally had a 901 atom dye on me. so i dismantled it distructive style and found that what killed it. was a disconnected seal of sorts i think it was a soft seal between the metal of the atom and the case which when that failed it added to the restiance and stopped it from working as designed

NewBe

Mar 27, 2009
new york
I had purchased 2 DSE901 starter kit (to split with a friend), each with 1 atomizer and 2 batteries from Altsmoke, and more DSE901 - 6 atomizer and 4 batteries from Dietsmokes and they all die out after 6 or 7 puffs. IS THIS NORMAL?

I ordered for me and a friend, originally we each got a starter kit from Altsmoke. We were both very excited about e-cigs, and had done much research and viewing the videos. We charged up the batteries.. just as instructed to do for 4 hours. We assembled the battery, atomizer and cartridge that came with the kit.

We sat back to begin the experience. The first puff was heavenly, it was nice to be smoking a long overdo safe cigarette. A nice slow drag on the cig, a burst of smoke in my mouth, a long inhale, and that finale of a long slow exhale. Ahh, yes, it was heaven.

After 6 or 7 puff the experience began to change. No longer was a nice slow drag producing a burst of smoke. Now it was a long hard suck (or 2) that only produced puny whispers of smoke. I thought maybe the cartridges were a little dry from being pre-filled. I added a drop or two of my flavored liquid and sat back to resume that heavenly state.

Nope, no longer was I able to take a puff and produce smoke, I had to suck it out, until it wasn't producing anything. (FYI, I did take breaks when the atomizer got warm.) My throat began to get sore from the many attempts, so I put it down. I sat at my computer and emailed the seller. I was given instructions on how to return my atomizer and receive a new one.

oK.. so now my experience was being put on hold because it was the only atomizer I had (the purchase from dietsmoke hadn't arrived yet). However, my friend was still using it. We spoke of, and shared the experience we had. I found that the other atomizer was working, but my friend also had to suck out the puny wisp of smoke that the dse901 produced after taking several good puffs.

When we received our second shipment from Dietsmokes we thought, Yea, now we're ready to roll.. Well, I have now tried all the atomizer, and all the batteries. I find that I am only able to get several puffs before I need to add more drops of liquid, and even then I am only getting puny wisp of smoke unless I suck two or three times.

Is there any advice or suggestions from the many pros out there, that you can give me, so that I may continue to experience that heavenly pleasure that comes with the first puffs for a longer amount of time. I feel it is not worth the energy if I need to stop and refill every 6 or 7 puffs..

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I finally had a 901 atom dye on me. so i dismantled it distructive style and found that what killed it. was a disconnected seal of sorts i think it was a soft seal between the metal of the atom and the case which when that failed it added to the restiance and stopped it from working as designed
What was the "Lifespan" on it Lordmage?:confused:The Wiz!

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
I was so happy to receive my three new DSE 901's yesterday. Followed all the instructions to charge batteries, etc.

First few hits were awesome!. Went visit my parents and took THREE batteries with me. I was there for 2 hours and had to leave to come home to get a charger. I thought, okay, maybe it was shy of a few minutes of the charge.

Later tonight I went shopping. Had two batteries with me and only tried to vape twice, as I do not vape in the stores. Second vape on the way home, BOTH batteries died. Now, I am talking about a 5 minute ride.

ANY thoughts on what this problem could be? Surely I am doing something wrong. I have watched every video I could find and yes, I read all instructions.

I figured with 6 batteries on the 901's and 3 on the EVO... I should be able to vape for a tidbit of a while.

In fairness to the EVO, John is shipping me a new charger as he feels that is the problem. But I have three chargers on the 901 so surely they can't all be bad.

Any help is greatly appreciated.... I am getting discouraged.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
every one the 1 that died was in roation with 3 others cleaning method was blown out and let dry 8 hours a day when i slept. and a hot water soak weekly. also batt charges always a min of 8 hours per batt.also discovered a test cleaning with vingear killed them 3 total possibly 4 over all. wiz total life cycle was almost 2 months

bevisbao

Moved On
Apr 9, 2009
  • Deleted by Oliver
  • Reason: Spam

temkhabana

Apr 16, 2009
I recently received the black dse901 from e-cigarette-mart and it works well. I am assuming that I should be cleaning the atomizer weekly, but I am reluctant to do so. I have been reading that i need to desolder and resolder etc, and I have no experience with this. I also looked at a diagram on this site, and it has sooooo many parts. Do I just soak the entire atomizer portion of the E-cig?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
NewBe - i don't want to be one to say "you're doing something wrong" but, just consider it :) there's a lot of learning curve with these things, and from what you typed it sounds like you're doing things right though. you checked the carts to make sure they weren't dry, i'm guessing the batteries are charged as well right?

it's possible that maybe the atomizer is dry and that it isn't wicking the fluid enough before you're puffing it, and in that case it would be heating up...but you'd be getting little to no vapor.

i mean, within only a few puffs it should still be working, because one thing you'd want to question is...is the atomizer coated in gunk and just not producing vapor, but it's brand new, so that's not possible. and if the atomizer died...then it shouldn't be getting hot.

are your carts snug on the end? is the fluid/filler pressed into the atomizer?

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
one thing i've noticed is that if I use the same cartridge for a while and keep filling, it starts to taste burned..I think its the polyfill burning :confused:
Still new to vaping as well, but every night before bed I take apart the cig, pull out the wool in the cart. Rinse both the cart and wool well. Blot dry the wool and let both air dry over night. Now dont forget to fill the wool well the next day (8-12 drops) cause its not the same as a top off. Hope this helps

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Really simple but I've heard of people forgetting it or not noticing. With the original atomizer and cartridge the cartridge is empty and has no fill. The atomizer is soaked in something and they say that you can get 7-10 puffs with just the atomizer wet and the original empty cartridge. Just an idea, someone may have missed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread