901 battery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
So I bought a 901 kit two weeks ago that of course came with two batteries. Both of the batteries worked for a week, then one of them, still lights up, and works, but produces no vapor. The other one still works and the atomizer heats up, so I know the atomizer still works. I ordered a new battery, received it today. I have had it on the charger for 3.5 hours (not the full 8 yet), but I briefly took it off to connect it to the atomizer and the battery led lights up, but again, it produces no vapor. I don't understand. Should I leave it charge for the full 8 then try again, or do I need to order a new atomizer (even though the one I have works with one of the batteries that I have)? Thanks! :confused::)

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
sounds like the inner connection on the batteries isnt making contact with the inner connection on the atomizer. It could be that the atomizer connection was made slightly off or that the batteries connections were made slightly off. There's a thread around here somewhere about using a staple as a shim between the two to make the connection (basically reshape the staple to a -v- shape [a v with wings] and putting the point of the V inside the battery hole, with the wings sitting on top of the center connection and thus working like a shim (making sure they dont extend out to outer edge because that would short things out)

I have one battery and atomizer that simply dont work together, but the battery works with my other atomizers and the one atomizer works with my other batteries.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Use a paper clip. Stick in the little hole on the battery end of the atomizer. That little contact piece in there is wedged into a piece of rubber tube to keep it from shorting out. You have to work that little contact piece out slightly with the paper clip so it will contact the one in the battery. Be careful and don't pry it out too far. That should get it going again.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Thanks Houdini, I've tried pulling it up, it didn't work, then again, I wasn't using a paper clip, I was trying to use a pair of tweezers. I'll get a paperclip from work on Monday and try it again. I just thought it was weird that a brand new battery that I just got today didn't work either. I am also cleaning the atty right now just to make sure there isn't any dirt in the connecting areas to see if maybe that would help also. :)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Thanks Houdini, I've tried pulling it up, it didn't work, then again, I wasn't using a paper clip, I was trying to use a pair of tweezers. I'll get a paperclip from work on Monday and try it again. I just thought it was weird that a brand new battery that I just got today didn't work either. I am also cleaning the atty right now just to make sure there isn't any dirt in the connecting areas to see if maybe that would help also. :)
Jennee......Those 901 auto batteries are just an overall pain in the ....It sounds like you may well be within the warrenty period on these(not sure who you purchased them from?)...you may want to get your money back and invest in a manual 901 battery or two...you will have far fewer problems IMO!Good Luck!:)The Wiz!

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Thanks Wiz. I've wanted to try the 901 manual batts but can't find a U.S. supplier that carries them. I don't want to order from overseas because of the outrageous shipping costs. I don't mind waiting a bit, but if I'm only buying a battery I don't want to spend twice the amount of the battery in shipping. LOL.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks Wiz. I've wanted to try the 901 manual batts but can't find a U.S. supplier that carries them. I don't want to order from overseas because of the outrageous shipping costs. I don't mind waiting a bit, but if I'm only buying a battery I don't want to spend twice the amount of the battery in shipping. LOL.

Vaporcountry.com and Electronic-ash.com both have manual 901 batteries. Vaporcountry's are a bit cheaper and both are US suppliers. :cool:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
original wall chargers arent compatible with the manual batteries, per say. The button is too close to the threads and thus you cant put the battery in the charger unless you remove the button. The other option is a USB charger that the battery screws into. From my understanding the other type of USB charger has same problem with button in the way (the box shaped one that the battery simply pops into and can accept other size batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread