901 battery won't turn off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylecoberly

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
www.facesofradio.com
Both of my DSE901 (automatic) batteries won't turn off after charging overnight. The first one went out last week, and this morning it happened to the other one too. Any ideas about causes and/or fixes?

From what I've been reading, it seems like auto batteries have a lot of issues. Maybe it's time to switch to manual?

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Both of my DSE901 (automatic) batteries won't turn off after charging overnight. The first one went out last week, and this morning it happened to the other one too. Any ideas about causes and/or fixes?

From what I've been reading, it seems like auto batteries have a lot of issues. Maybe it's time to switch to manual?

Yep, happened to both my auto 901's as well. Never figured out why, no loud music, no abuse, they just would not not shut off! Talk about a hot Atty!!!.
Manual bats are the way to go. Little bit of a learning curve, and you don't look quite as 'cool' pushing the button, but, worth it.

GB

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
Auto batts are not sealed the way manual batteries are. Liquid gets into the switch eventually and it will either freeze it in the on or off postion and will no longer work. Another reason most have moved to manual batteries. Only fix I know for this is you can try soaking the batt in PGA and you may be able to loosen up the gunked on liquid. Do this at your own risk though!! I have brought a few back with this method, but be sure you let the batt totally dry out! Another easy fix that sometimes will work is it to bang the battery on a table top a few times and the switch may get it knocked loose.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
LOL, Yeah, I tried the banging routine too. Beat the :censored:out of both of them. They would go out for a few minutes, then start up again. Just to taunt me. This went on for hours. BANG! off, HaHa-on again, Bang,Bang. Off. HaHa, on again. Bang BANG,Bangbang,bang. Off. slight pause - on again. After several hours of this game, the battery was looking like the loser in a Mike Tyson fight and the edge of my desk was nicely indented.
They finally gave up the fight and I tossed them. (one more final peek into the trash can reveled a final little flash of their blue lite's - a nice little good bye). I never looked at auto batts again!

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread