Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Many suppliers have them... for the most part they are labeled as Kr808D-1 cartomizers or compatible , some have brand names like v4l's CoolCarts or Premiums.

Cartomizers have progressed over the past few months, but the most popular either fit on the 510 (cartomizers with male thread connection) or 901/Kr808 batteries (cartomizers with female thread connection)

EDIT:Read further

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
The 901 atty is vented with a hole in the side not near the threads. On a cartomizer that would leak juice. The real advantage to the 901 is flavor production. You get a similar flavor production with an 808. Maybe better with the 801 carto.
The best thing I ever did (vaping wise) is buy a bunch of adapters. Now I can try all kinds of attys and cartos.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Many suppliers have them... for the most part they are labeled as Kr808D-1 cartomizers or compatible , some have brand names like v4l's CoolCarts or Premiums.

Cartomizers have progressed over the past few months, but the most popular either fit on the 510 (cartomizers with male thread connection) or 901/Kr808 batteries (cartomizers with female thread connection)

Umm... No disrespect intended but an 808 carto won't work on a 901 battery connection without an adapter. There's no air flow. The threads are the same but the venting is different.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Umm... No disrespect intended but an 808 carto won't work on a 901 battery connection without an adapter. There's no air flow. The threads are the same but the venting is different.

No disrespect taken... You are absolutely correct... I was meaning 901/kr808 batteries as compatibles... i.e. connections... It has been so long since I used an actual ecig battery that I forgot that people may still use original 901 ecig batts... these days most pv's with 901 connection have the vent holes/slits to suite the cartomizer as well....

I guess I need a good cobweb cleaning in my melon :D....

So to add if one does have a 901 ecig battery or non cartomizer compatible one... a good trick (without adaptor) is to file a little slit across the battery connection ..which would provide suitable air passage for cartomizer utilization..

Thanks for the catch.. and by all means never hesitate to correct me :D

LGD

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Why don't they make a 901 cartomizers? If they do make them where can I buy some?

I have run into the same issue & flustration! I even bought a 901/808 adapter and that didn't work either! I have read that if you get a 901 extender and drill a hole in it, that will work for using 808 cartos. Knowing me, I'd end up drilling a hole in my fingers before I got the extender drilled. I have also heard about a 901/808 carto specific adapter, but I haven't found it for sale at the places it was rumored to be for sale at. Carts are very flustrating for this chain vaper, always topping off and the little dribbles that ensue. I really like the 510 & 808 cartos, and wished for a way to get 901 cartos happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread