Where Can I Get A......? 901 to 801 adapter, and 901 to KR808D1 (VK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I just found a VK cartomizer that I had forgotten about. It was the exact same one that I had trouble with. Of course, it screwed right onto my GGT with no problem at all.

4206831091_11d83dec23_o.jpg

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
[NOTICE: I am tired of saying and typing "KR808D-1!" And I don't choose to favor any particular supplier's brand name, as easy as that might be for a kingly ace ritevaper such as me (even when nhaling nebulous mist). Henceforth, I shall call this the "Kreight!"]

GoodProphets has inexpensive adapters for Kreight (or 901) batteries to 801-compatible (or M201) and 510 atomizers.

1261013292109-1702349341.jpeg

My adapters arrived yesterday. I'm not impressed with the performance of my 510 atty on an (automatic) Kreight battery. I might like it better on a manual Kreight. But I am very impressed with how the 801s and 201s are doing.

It may be my imagination, but my 801 and 201 attys are performing better on my Kreight battery than on my 801 or 201 batteries. I don't know the respective technical specifications, but the Kreight battery seems to be more powerful.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] Henceforth, I shall call this the "Kreight!"]

Only Don or The Bard could get away with making up a word like "Kreight".

However, my imaginary problem was connecting a big-battery mod that has a 901 connector to a "Kreight". It turns out that it fits fine, but I couldn't test it out with any juice. I had already partially dissected it in the interest of science. The draw was very hard, though. Seems I recall some mention of that, somewhere.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Only Don or The Bard could get away with making up a word like "Kreight".

However, my imaginary problem was connecting a big-battery mod that has a 901 connector to a "Kreight". It turns out that it fits fine, but I couldn't test it out with any juice. I had already partially dissected it in the interest of science. The draw was very hard, though. Seems I recall some mention of that, somewhere.

Oh, so you're not talking about Kreightbatt, but the Kreightomizer!:D

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Oh, so you're not talking about Kreightbatt, but the Kreightomizer!:D

Zarlok suddenly leapt into the clearing, aimed his trusty Kreightomizer at the hideous alien beast, and snarled, "Let her go, you hideous alien beast!"

"Zarlok, save me!" cried Drusella.

"Gragle-zop BLAARG!" growled the monster, and...

Oh, hell, that's all I can stand. :lol:

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I ordered the 901 batt to 801 attie adapter from altsmoke.com, home of the Silver Bullet. Now all I have to do is wait a few days and I'll be doing some HV vapin' with my GGT!

Is it here yet? No?

How 'bout now?

This is very useful information. I wish I could remember these modification facts and finds. One day I'll be able to think out of the box.

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
I was also looking to use a cartomizer on a 901 hv mod. I read something about a lack of an air hole in the 901 batt connection (it's in the atomizer) that would restrict draw. Heard something about a staple mod, not screwing it in all the way or filing a notch in the batt threads?

FYI, Vaporcountry has 901 batt to cartomizer adapters. Again, I heard it was just a manual battery charging adapter with an air hole in it.

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
I just came across this thread about modding the 901 batt connector for a cartomizer in another forum; oops, noob can't post the link. Go vaporsforum.com > main > PV modifications > 901/KR808D Battery Conversion. Maybe a veteran can post the link.

I also contacted Rob at Vapor Country about cartomizers. He said he has ordered some that are supposed too work on the 901 without an adapter. He should have them in a week and half.

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
I was also looking to use a cartomizer on a 901 hv mod. I read something about a lack of an air hole in the 901 batt connection (it's in the atomizer) that would restrict draw. Heard something about a staple mod, not screwing it in all the way or filing a notch in the batt threads?

FYI, Vaporcountry has 901 batt to cartomizer adapters. Again, I heard it was just a manual battery charging adapter with an air hole in it.

I'm also trying to do this (901 batt to KR808D-1 cartomizer) and vapor country doesn't ship to Canada.

Here's a thread discussing this (901 batt to KR808D-1 cartomizer), post #6 lists options:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/46495-kr808d-battery-adapters-sources-vendors.html

Guess it's time to break out the Dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread