Status
Not open for further replies.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
If so, have you tried other models?
And still love your 901, could you please tell me why?
I have a 510 and a 901 adapter. Use it to do cartos.
Today only I can grab a 901 atty for 5.99* free shipping after 13.99 and they have 5 901 carts for 1.99.

So does anyone think I am missing out- by not trying a 901?

*forum supplier Electronic Ash

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I have the 901, 401 and several Mods that take the 801 attys. I also have 901 adapters for most of my Mods as well. I've thought about trying the 510, but everything I've read here led me to believe that the 510's were "harsher" than the 901's so I decided against it. The 901 gives plenty of flavor and is easy to refill. I also prefer the "whistle-tip" 901 carts to the round ones found on other models.

Hope that helps! :)

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
I started like most with the 510, but since my first 901 atty, I've become a believer. I don't care about huge clouds of vapor or even TH at this point. I like to taste my juice. It amazes me that people say the 510 atty provides better taste... I have adapters for all my 510 batteries so I can use my 901's.

Everything on a 510 just taste like cardboard now.

Farcry

Oct 9, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I started with a 4081, then got a 901, then a 501, then went back to the 901. I just got a 905 mod too.
The 4081 needed alot of suction to get a good vapor hit. Almost like sucking through a coffee stirrer. But it has always worked for me and seems to be dependable.
The 901 was the closest to the feel of smoking an anolog. It was the unit that I was using when I quit analogs completely. I do get the true taste of the vapor too all the way until the cart dries and then it gives a distinct flavor, almost a burnt taste, so I know it's time to refill.
The 501 did produce alot of vapor, but not that much more than my 901. My problem with the 501 was it gave that burnt taste from the second or third draw even though there was plenty of juice left. The other and bigger problem I had with the 501 was bad equipment. I used it exclusive for 3 weeks and had 1 atomizer go bad and 1 battery.
I still have all of my 901 equipment working that I have been using since Sept. I did have 1 901 atomizer arrive bad. It seems that the little air hole on the side is not lined up and it wont draw.

Last edited:

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
Hey kid, sorry I'm so late chiming in. I've been over on the VF forum reading dirty posts:D

Anyway...I prefer the 901 because it provides the best flavor from my DeKang juices at 3.7volts. I'm currently using a DSE905 with the 901 atty. This setup is better than the 901 battery because of the longer cutoff cycle time (8-10 seconds) and because the 905 will supply a consistent 3.8 to 3.6 volts. I get almost a whole day on 1 battery. Using a blue cart mod also keeps the atty wet with very little topoff needed. I also use a 901 HV (High Volt) atty with my 4.2 volt pass through to get the same full flavor.

Last edited:

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
I started like most with the 510, but since my first 901 atty, I've become a believer. I don't care about huge clouds of vapor or even TH at this point. I like to taste my juice. It amazes me that people say the 510 atty provides better taste... I have adapters for all my 510 batteries so I can use my 901's.

Everything on a 510 just taste like cardboard now.

I have the adapter too. Have you tried 808's cartomizers?
I have done the cartomizers. I agree 510 taste is non-existent with some flavors.

OK now the real wonder is comparing the 901 atty to 808's LOL.
They sound so much alike in vape n TH. Although I think 510 TH is a little much first thing in the morning. I tend to save my 510 for those intense moments. I can say my 510 bat adapter to 901/808 cartomizers* produces as much vaper as my 510attys..just not as hard TH.

OH NO not a hijack!! I prefer to call it diversifying the information ;-)
I know at Ash you can get two 901 attys for less then 15.00 delivered right now. I think coupon code for 5% more off non sale items 'ecigforum" without the quotes. They have their own forum here Electronic Ash and the link for 901 atty http://electronic-ash.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8
5 pack 901 APPLE for 1.69 until midnight
Price Service and Quality has been great from Ash. Mad Vapes and Ash are the first ones that I have purchased from more then once soo far. All that I have tried have been great though.

*cartomizers that were purchased from Electronic Ash that you fill yourself
price about 1.50ea (some on forums say that the fill it yourself are better<--maybe cause their not sitting around with juice in them for a long time?)

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not to hijack your thread, hopefully just add to it a bit...

How do the standard 901 Atty's do at 5V on a passthru? Where's the best place to get 901 stuff? Price/Quality...?

Flip, I find the standard 901 attie on a Garry Dibley (non battery) passthru to be the closets thing to smoking an analogue. I connect my PT to a 3000 ma USB hub so I guess (though no expert on volts watts etc) that I am getting a constant 5v with it. Unlike with 6v, I'm not blowing my 901's. :)

FlipnOut

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Greenville, SC
7.50 each with free ship seems about as good as it gets right now. I may use the 901's if I like them, but I really enjoy my cartomizers. I built a little nicostik type box mod and since the 901's will screw right onto it, might as well get some atty's. My main concern is that the FDA decides to make our lives tough, and Cartos don't last forever (although I'm pretty sure some of mine have more than 20 refills on them by now).... What would you assume the life expentancy to be of a 901 atty under daily use? I was only getting a week or so out of 702 atty's, which is why I switched to cartos.

Thanks for your opinions thus far, and for not chewing me out for adding to your thread. I asked about 901 atty's on my own thread earlier in the week, but got no response. Your thread works much better. :)

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

FlipnOut

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Greenville, SC
USB Dual Power Adapter

I have three of these and they rock! I run my passthrough off my laptop occasionally, my cig lighter 1 amp USB adapter, and the wall outlets that I linked above. The wall outlet powers my passthrus the best, hands down. They're $2.95 each shipped, and if you want more than one, just email the guy and he'll send you his paypal address. I'm gonna hit him up for a few more soon, just in case.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
No apology necessary! It helps a great deal to at least know what to look for; if my curiosity gets the best of me.

FlipnOut-
I made a nico 1AAA box mod too. Well if the ban does happen, I am getting an Iolite. They won't be able to touch those and I have heard great things about them.

Did you see my first post? I did post this when he had them as a featured item at 5.99!!!But nobody answered me then LOL. Now, I wish that I had picked up a couple. No scratch that.....I am happy no one answered LOL I bought the juice box at a great deal. Now, I am trying to put all pv spending on a hold LOL roflmao.

OK so there is this usb wall thing and there is a Monster juice coming BUT rreally do i need those things? nooo dang I just want um

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread