901 v 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerinfirehair

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
A, A
As a complete n00b to the e-cig, I was recommended the 510 over the 901 for more vapor and a better throat hit. The thing is, no-one seems too happy with their 510's.

I noted that I went to the mall and tried a SE pv, and thought the vapor and TH were pretty weak. So thats what the recommendation was based off.

I'm not really interested in spending a fortune, or getting a big battery model at this point.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
As a complete n00b to the e-cig, I was recommended the 510 over the 901 for more vapor and a better throat hit. The thing is, no-one seems too happy with their 510's.

I noted that I went to the mall and tried a SE pv, and thought the vapor and TH were pretty weak. So thats what the recommendation was based off.

I'm not really interested in spending a fortune, or getting a big battery model at this point.

I haven't had any problems with my 510 at all, except that it's a very thirsty atty. I'm going through about a bottle of Halo every 1.5 weeks. I'm actually looking into the DSE901 for more flavor and longer juice life. Neither are spendy. All in all, I think with whichever you choose, you should be happy.

BTW, there's been reports of a possible bad batch of 510 attys that give a burnt taste, although, I haven't came across one(fingers crossed!). I hope that this helped a bit.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

What happened to your sig? I thought you were cartomizing.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Both are pretty good. I like the flavor and the throat hit better on the 901 personally, but the leaky atomizers and the fact that they're difficult to direct-drip with makes me use my 510 more often. I've found the 510 to be the most reliable of all my e-cigs, but I wish there was a way to fix the lack of flavor I get on it. Can't have it all, I guess.

jjujju

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
USA
I have 510s and 901s. I like them both, but for different reasons.

I had a few 510 auto batteries and did NOT like them at all. They were hard to get activated without getting juice in my mouth. They were all from the same place so I don't know if it was a bad batch or had to do with the supplier or whatever.

I do love my 510s with manual batteries.

I did not like the 901 at first because it seemed hard to get activated as well but it seems to have gotten better. MUCH better after straw mod or PTB mod.

It's definitely a different vape. I actually was just searching myself for what ppl have to say about 510 v 901. I guess it's just preference really! I like having both. ;)

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
There are plenty of horror stories on this forum about 510's and the horrid burnt metal taste...

I used 510's for a while and gave up on them because one in every three had this taste...

I have happily been using 901's now and have no desire to even look at a 510...

I get a good TH and vapor from the 901's... The key to TH is more based on the mg strength of the juice you are using....

Also, don't compare anything to a SE at the mall.... They are junk, junk, junk.....

Read the horror stories (they are everywhere) about the 510's and decide from there....

If you want my opinion... Avoid 510's like they have the plague...

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread