902 atty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumpus

Dec 27, 2009
Seattle
I've equally subjected 2 902s to 17 days of heavy use, coupled to an eGo.

One of them died yesterday; the other still seems robust. Until today I did not clean them, except for my usual regime of vaping alternately with flavored and unflavored e-juice to somewhat minimize gunk build-up and muddled palate.

Today the surviving 902 developed a nasty flavor so I pressure-washed it with a 3ml-syringeful of PG sprayed through an 18gauge needle. It worked nicely to make the nasty flavor go away.

nawcho

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Los Angeles
Well from what ive seen so far, its been about 2 weeks with my 902....

My first atomizer never rlly worked all that great in the first place.

It is now almost completely dead after about 2 weeks of use.

I popped in the second atomizer that came with my 902 and i mut say i am completely blown away by its performance.

Possibly my first 902 atty was a dud from the start but this new 902 atty is giving me huge clouds of vapor from about a 2 second drag off an auto battery. Ive been comparing it to a new 901 and new 510 and this is by far the best performer out of the group.

However, if the performance only lasts about as long as my first atomizer did it would make this atomizer have the shortest shelf life before performance drop off out of the bunch, ill update when I know more.

nawcho

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm nearly at a month with my 902, two attys that I use interchangeably. No dropoff yet, but I do thoroughly clean them out prolly twice a week, and I stick a rolled-up napkin in them lightly to clean out excess juice/condensation once a day on both.

Yeah whats your cleaning method, from my own experience no amount of cleaning has ever really increased performance with any of my atomizers, but its always worth a shot.

wumpus

Dec 27, 2009
Seattle
Just wanted to issue an update on my 902 experience. Of the two I have, one died on day 16, the other on day 18. I had been regularly alternating them.

I really like the 902 and have posted positively about it, but getting barely more than two weeks of use isn't acceptable to me. For comparison, I've had half a dozen 510s for almost 2 months without losing one. Yet the 902 was considerably pricier than any other of my atomizers, particularly the somewhat similar J118/VX2 (no losses of these, either, but only after a week).

I don't think my expectations are too high but am interested in what others think.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Was it the atty that died? What's it do... nothing? Just curious because I hear about the lifespan of atomizers but have yet to have one go bad. My wife and I have 5 Sidesho and 4 902 atomizers going and I keep waiting for it to happen. I'm just not sure how or why they go bad. In fact, I dropped my 902 and the gold thread piece of that atty can be popped off exposing the inner workings, but I just pop it back in and it continues to go. Sorry to hear about your problem though, but any idea exactly what is or isn't happening? Thanks.
Oh, to be fair, one Sidesho atty has seemed to taste odd since the beginning though.

Last edited:

wumpus

Dec 27, 2009
Seattle
The attys died completely and without warning. I've never lost an atomizer before this either.

I can't easily diagnose further because my multimeter is currently loaned out.

Was it the atty that died? What's it do... nothing? Just curious because I hear about the lifespan of atomizers but have yet to have one go bad. My wife and I have 5 Sidesho and 4 902 atomizers going and I keep waiting for it to happen. I'm just not sure how or why they go bad. In fact, I dropped my 902 and the gold thread piece of that atty can be popped off exposing the inner workings, but I just pop it back in and it continues to go. Sorry to hear about your problem though, but any idea exactly what is or isn't happening? Thanks.
Oh, to be fair, one Sidesho atty has seemed to taste odd since the beginning though.

wumpus

Dec 27, 2009
Seattle
You're right, mAh isn't an issue and by all reports the eGo's voltage is typical of 510 batteries, only more consistent and, thanks to mAh, sustained.

As for fit, I trimmed about .5mm from the tip of the 902's connector with a dremel, the same treatment I gave the J118 and VX2 attys for compatibility with eGo/510-style batteries.

I know there are other threads mentioning mixing J118/VX2 and 510 parts in various ways. Many pertain to the 902 too.

Thanks for the reply. Could it have happened because of the 651 mah eGo battery? i think its a 3.7v battery though so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. Maybe I even have my info wrong. By the way, did that battery fit with no problems?

nawcho

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Los Angeles
To me an atomizer dies when it gets to weak to give acceptable throat hit and vapor. It doesn't have to be stone cold...

If you have an atomizer over 2 weeks old ( 510 excluded because they seem to go forever like the energizer) compare to a fresh one of the same model...

You will notice a huge difference in performance.

Thya

Feb 18, 2010
Lawrenceville, Ga
Got my 902 yesterday!!!! :) (Actually got 2....one for me and one for my hubby). They are freakin awesome! The PCC charged up pretty quick and so did the batt...I started off on one of the prefilled carts and (after the 1st couple primer hits) was loving it! I'm really digging the manual batt but my husband likes the auto better (could be cause hes lazy?). lol I'm gonna stick to the original atty and see how long it lasts me. Has any noticed if they do better staying on a cart overnight or "draining"? I left mine on the cart last night and it vaped like a champ first thing this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread