902 initial impressions and running review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subservient

Jul 28, 2011
Afghanistan
Alright boys and girls, sit back, relax and vapes&ie away, this is gonna get verbose.

First off, I'd like to thank modern vapor for their superb customer service. Sandra is a goddess for letting me get my order through despite bank issues.

Second is the total haul so you know what to expect to be reviewed.
2x auto batteries
USB passthrough
902 cartos (they may be the xl ones, they seem bigger than the pictures)
Drip tips a and c
PCC
USB charger
And their RY4, Cherry and Energy Cow e-liquids

First, the hardware.
The passthrough is the first thing I tried along with one carto and the cherry flavor. The carto is easy to fill, with the end cap popping off with moderate pressure from a finger nail. Just start dripping around the edge, with the carto tilted until it takes several seconds to soak in. Once that is done, pop off the little silicon cap on the threaded end and screw in. It's that simple. Then it's just a matter of push button in the pass through, deep suck... Holy crap. After hacking for a second and staring at the beast in my hands, I come to the realization that my previous pv had been holding out. Lighter puff this time, slow inhale. Oh good lord that's good. My nic craving fades a bit. A good amount of vapor. Not the billions cloud I was expecting like from my ultra drags of an analog, but satisfying. Puff after puff, this thing delivers. Every time I ask it for my sweet cherry goodness, it flows in without hesitation. The draw is easy, with just enough resistance to let me know it's still there. The cherry flavor is decent. Reminiscent of cough syrup, but not with the medicine overtones. Like cherry syrup that you can get to flavor drinks. Not great, but totally vapable in my mind. I'm usingnthe c style drip tip and it fits perfectly into the open end of the carto, with enough of a ridge to hold it in my teeth. It'll be more useful on the auto battery when my hands are busy, but all in all very comfortable.

Next comes the energy cow flavor on an auto battery now that it's charged, with the a style drip tip. The tip is a little looser than the c style, but still secure enough to move my head around without having the rest of the pv do a skydive. Longer than the a style and notably heavier, it seems to be made of steel rather than aluminum, so keep that in mind if weight will be an issue, though it woes balance out the auto battery a bit. I will warn you, the bottle that the energy cow comes in is seriously tough to squeeze. Look for the molding lines and squeeze the bottle on the sides between the lines to get them to flex and start dripping. This stuff smells just like the drink before you vape it. Trust me, caffeine is my favorite thing on the planet and it is exactly the same smell. Upon vaping, the taste is still there, but muted somewhat. It's definitely sweet, and it's definitely the drink, but almost like itsmhad ice sitting in it a few minutes too long. Still, very tasty and ranks a bit above the cherry as far as long term capability.

Next is the RY4 without drip tip. Ooook. Not what I expected. It doesn't smell like I figured it would from the description. I don't even have words to describe what it smells like in the bottle. You can tell it's sweet as all get up with an almost chemical background. Warning lights are going off in my head. This is the stuff I got sixty ml of. I only have 20 of either of the others. With a growing sense of dread, I load the carto. First puff, and my initial reaction is one of puzzlement. There's a lot of sweet, it tastes vaguely of cotton candy. I'm not at all sure what to make of it. It's not bad by any stretch, I've never had any different. There was no hint of any flavor but the nearly cotton candy aspect. Interesting, and vapable, but not what I expected.

Moving on, we have the PCC and the USB charger. Both function, as far as I can tell, flawlessly. The USB charger does what it is meant to do. The PCC has a secret though. It has a flashlight. Angels sang when I found that out, seeing as I live in a dark ... tent and work at night. This revelation is about as glorious as it gets. Oh, and it charges batteries, holds five cartos, one battery chargesm the other sits. There is another slot that can be used for an Atty with cart attached, but I didnt get any of those, so it sits empty until I cut down a pencil so that I can ofit a carto in there without losing it into the depths of the PCC.

So there you have it. The 902 overall gets an A+ in my book for ease of use, good vapor production, battery life (haven run the silver one out yet), looks, and the price is great for everything I got (155 for all this stuff isn't bad).
The only place I could see improvement isnt with the device, but with the flavors. Now, I've read that they get better with age, but I'll probably be putting my thoughts into the mv flavor thread stared by Garnoch. As time goes by, if there's anything I discover, issues I have or anything else related to the 902, I'll put it in here

There we go. Tl;dr version, love this 902, juices are good, not great.

Happy vaping,
Another satisfied 902 user.
Any questions, concerns or anything else, I've got nothing but time and will help you out as much as I can.

Cheers.

Subservient

Jul 28, 2011
Afghanistan
Ok, first update. The vapor production is excellent on this thing, once the carto is broken in. Just keep vaping and then whatever coating is on the heating coils to protect them during storage burns off. The clouds of vapor out of the auto batteries is excellent, and they truly are clouds, but the passthrough is something to behold. A ten second long monster of a drag lets forth a grand, blinding torrent of vapor. Songs will be sung, children will stare in wonder, gods will take note at the truly massive, billious clouds issuing forth from your trembling, ecstatic lips. Ok, maybe not that much, but they are wonderful. I'm digging the cartos for ease of fill and refill and the fact that I can grab a battery and a carto and run if I need to do something right now.
Also, I fixed the minor issue of the A style tip feeling a little loose by simply scrounging up another o-ring for it. The one it came with seems to be just a hair small for the cartos. After the replacement, it is very secure for chomping on and running around.
Also, dropped my blue Auto battery while comeing out of the tent onto some not-so friendly gravel. It came up without a scratch. The powder coating on these things is tough. They should stay sexy for a good long time.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Little known note about the passthrough (if I'm not mistaken, as I believe I have a pre-production model): The atty that comes with the passthrough is a special LR atty made for the higher voltage. Put a voltmeter on that passthrough, then check one of your batteries and you'll see the difference. That's why you get so much vapor out of that thing. BUT! Beware burning juices (especially very thick colored VG juices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread