902 with Nicostick

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ez Duzit made me a Nicostick that uses a 902 atty. It is terrific!!!

I am one of those people that does not like a 510. (the 510 in my name is my birthday - not my PV of choice) The 510s get way too hot, any juice I vape in one tastes burnt, they sound like a bubble pipe/ whistle on inhale, and have the lifespan of a fruit fly. The vapor production is no better, in fact it's a bit less, than a 902. (Let's hope I don't get flamed too much for that, since this is the MV sub-forum. LOL)

The 902 from MV has none of these problems. It always tastes great, never gets hot, and is very quiet - totally silent. But, the batteries don't last long. I was about to give up on this model because of that. I'm talking about the old style batteries here. I don't know how long the new 902 batteries are good for.

With the nicostick I have found perfection. :wub: I get the flavor I love and don't burn myself and I get to vape in silence for hours!!!! The carts are huge, easy to fill, and last a good long time. I am using blue foam, which is the best - thanks Blondielocks. I'll be ordering more atties, but it will be awile because these guys last forever. I'm still using ones I got in October!! I might order sooner if Tony can get more colors. I'd like to get a white atty and white carts to use with a white nicostick - I saw a picture of a 'Ladies Mod" in all white that looked sweet.

I am finally satisfied - I'm in vaping heaven. The perfect combination has been found - a nicostick, blue foam, and a 902 atty and B&H juice from MV. I can now say good-by forever to the analogs. :thumbs:

~A

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi, I just got my 902 today and its great. Can you post instructions on how to use the blue foam? anytime I try it on different models I mess it up. Thanks.

Blue Foam is very easy to work with, which is another reason I like it better than any other cart mod. I find it more convenient to wash a big piece and then cut the little ones for the carts. By wash, I mean rinse really well with very hot water. It is almost impossible to get the taste of soap out of it. Palmolive does not make a good vape!

The best way to cut is to use a ruler for a straight edge, press down to compress the foam, and cut with a sharp razor blade. Cut a bunch of strips about one and a half times wider than the cart. (only cut one until you're sure you have the right size, then you can cut a bunch to have on hand.) Take one of the strips and cut pieces the same length as the cart. They're about the size of a piece of Trident gum. If you have leakage, your pieces are too small. If you have a very hard draw, or no wicking, they are too big.

The foam doesn't wick well when it's dry. Put about 12 drops in an empty cart, then stick the foam in. Use a paperclip to push the foam all the way down to get it wet, then wiggle it back up to level with the cart. Now you can add about 5 more drops and it will wick down. Drip over to the side of the cart, not in the middle. This lets the air bubble up easier.

You only have to do that the first time you use it or after you wash it. (I wash them out maybe once a week) To top off, just drip directly on the foam. It will still be wet enough to wick. Sometimes I have to slide a paperclip in between the foam and the cart and squeeze out some air bubbles.

The taste is fine and doesn't get funky as you use it. Sometimes I get OCD and replace all of my stuffing, but I have used the same ones for over a month.

Hope this helps. Once you get it right, you will never go back to poly or fluval.

~A

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Blue Foam... Here's a piece of a post I made in new members. I hope it helps.

Here's what it looks like.
Marineland Magnum Foam Sleeve "Rite-Size U" 3pk.
I went to the pet store and there it was, the exact same stuff. Over the next few ways, I cut it several different ways. Ultimately, I don't think it matters how you cut it, but if I had to choose a best way, this would be it. I cut it a little wider than the inner cart and not quite as deep. I twirl it in my finger like ear plugs and slide it in the inner cart. I then push it in with that paper clip I mentioned. Once its in , I push it down a little and fill it with juice. If it's totally dry, I put in about 12 drops. If it's not dry, I only wash it out every few days if I'm using the same flavor. So I just pop out the inner cart, push down the foam, then drop 8 to 10 drop in. In both cases, after I fill it, I push the foam down all the way soaking up all the juice then pull the foam up so it is flush with the top. I dab a paper towel on the top of it and push it back into the outer cart, using the paper clip on the edge of the inner cart to push it down. There are tons of descriptions and videos that explain it better than I. So was getting or working with the blue foam difficult? Not one bit. Did it actually work ten times better? YES. Also, It was easy to work with and refill. It seems to last longer. I definitely get more flavor, TH and vapor.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
angelique510, how doe the 902 compare to the Sidesho in your opinion... use, size, etc?

My first e-cig was a sidesho and I didn't care for it much. Maybe because I was new at vaping and didn't know what I was doing. I didn't really give it much of a chance. I'm using a BLU right now and I really like it - it is similar to the sidesho, only a lot smaller. It is good for a little quick hit now and then. The 902 has better flavor, more vapor and the carts are so much easier to fill. The 902 nicostick will be my all day at home vape, and the blu (it's so cute and little) for when I am out and about.

awsome instrucitons. we got the length and the width but what about the thickness? the bluefoam i have is from diyflavor shack and its about 3/8 inch thick, is the stuff in the store thicker?

That sounds about right.

Can you post a link to your Nicostick or photos. Does that run at 5V?

I'll try to get some pics up. Hopefully Ez Duzit will chime in here. It runs on a Trustfire 14500 900mAh 3.7V I got most of the day out of it before it needed recharged.

~A

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
Did EZ Duzit it implement a USB port into the Nicostick like I've seen some people do?

I've only ever seen people use a USB port in a nicostick for charging purposes, not as a passthrough. I'm curious to see what components go into charging the battery off of USB. (my electrical engineering skills are VERY novice, basically, I can complete a circuit and step down power, but I'm sure I'd be able to follow a schematic on how to implement a charging port)

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I'll try to get some pics up. Hopefully Ez Duzit will chime in here. It runs on a Trustfire 14500 900mAh 3.7V I got most of the day out of it before it needed recharged.

~A

Finally getting around to this thread.
Sorry Angelique, but I didn't take any pics of the one I made you. Checked my camera, and other then 5v box pics, the only regular nicostick pics I have are these, and it was my very first one, and has no led. But it worked, and that was all I cared about at the time. :p

Can you post a link to your Nicostick or photos. Does that run at 5V?

No, the one I made her is not 5v, just 3.7, but because of the size of the battery (900mAh), you are vaping for several hours before the voltage actually drops to 3.7v. Fully charged, they're 4.2v and they stay above 4v for a good while. They really are quite nice.

Here's one that is 5v. This is my main vape and has me spoiled. About 5 hours of pretty constant 5v vaping per charge, and the batteries are protected 10440 Li-Ions. Same size as AAA cells. I made it so I can lift up the regulator, (bottom picture), to clean any juice that may leak in and get under it, and from time to time, I'm glad I did.

The 5v box is the same size as the one in this picture, which shows the size comparison of an (older version) 5v box, to a regular nicostick, (on the right). It really is tiny for a 5v vape.

Did EZ Duzit it implement a USB port into the Nicostick like I've seen some people do?

I've only ever seen people use a USB port in a nicostick for charging purposes, not as a passthrough. I'm curious to see what components go into charging the battery off of USB. (my electrical engineering skills are VERY novice, basically, I can complete a circuit and step down power, but I'm sure I'd be able to follow a schematic on how to implement a charging port)
Sorry, no usb port. I don't believe it's worth the trouble to incorporate a usb jack for recharging, or as a pass-through. That's only my opinion, but since a regular nicostick will vape for about 10 hours, I just don't see a need for a usb port at all. Batteries are easy enough to change and it takes 30 seconds. Also, people that go that route often want the dual functionality of a pass-through and charger built into one, and actually design and etch their own circuit board specifically for that purpose. Use the forum search function, (or the forum google search tool at the bottom left corner of EVERY forum page), and look up a forum member named cybervex. You'll find posts regarding his experience, in creating specifically this type of circuit for a nicostick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread