A 21 Year Smoker's opinion of the Ego-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
First and Foremost - Yes, I'm 28, and have smoked since I was seven. I've probably taken three breaks, with a total time of about 6 months not smoking in that time.

Moving on...

I'm not sure which version I have. But I purchase the Ego-T from Dragonflyecigs.com.
I purchased the Ego-T 1000Mah Upgrade Passthrough, the Dragonfly 6ml DCT tank, and a black drip tip with some Mountain Dew Flavoring 24mg Nicotine.

Honestly, coming from a smoker that could EASILY burn though a pack a day I LOVE this thing!
While the Flavor that I got kinda tastes like burning chemicals (yes I'm sure I set this up right, even tried it a few times - and it's still the same taste) I love how easy it is to hit, how smooth it smokes, the "filling" sensation that it has in my through as compared to the green ecig, and other portable 510 models that I've tried that were too hard to hit.
I think more than anything the thing I love the absolute most about my Ego-T is that I can continue using the cartomizers that came with my cheapo 510 models with the variable, OR steady voltage mode JUST FINE.
In all actuality, they smoke about 2-3x better on the Ego-T than they do on the other portable/disposable models that they're made for.
I haven't tried any other liquid as I just built/bought/got this today, (didn't use a kit...I'm pretty electronically savvy, so this was an easy go for me.) but I'm sure that they'll smoke pretty well.
I may go straight into mixing my own. Have found several things online recommended by others to help assist in calculating dosages for mixing.

All in all, I'm in love with my Ego-T. I received it from the Fed Ex guy two hours after I finished the last smoke in my pack (EXCELLENT) and I've not had a cigarette since then.
I stopped smoking today at approximately 11am -6GMT (US Central) and the cravings are easy to control/deal with.
I actually attempted to try a cigarette about 8:30pm tonight when my wife got home.
They were the camel menthol silvers (same ones I've always smoked since they came out) and I couldn't STAND IT! It tasted like I was licking the bottom of the ash tray! I immediately spat the taste out of my mouth, and handed it back to her.
At that point, she retracted her prevoius "..... session" that she'd given me for buying this thing!
I'd say the Ego-T with the Dragonfly 6ml DCT tank = DAMN EFFECTIVE!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Great combo ya got dere! Enjoy...
thumbsup.gif

<pssst><When ya have the opportunity, try da Twist. No not da dance, silly...>

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Great combo ya got dere! Enjoy...
thumbsup.gif

<pssst><When ya have the opportunity, try da Twist. No not da dance, silly...>

What's "da twist"? Is that a type of citrus twist flavor? I'm up for anything besides DragonJuice's Mt Dew Remake because it tastes like hell mixed with flaming dog ......

Also, yeah, I did a TON of research about what was compatible with what, how ecigs worked, what mix combos might be best, etc. etc. Literally weeks worth, and for ME...that's like months for the average person. (if you don't know what I mean by that...google my name and go *Jaw Drop*..

Proud to be a new member of the "non smoking section" (never thought I'd be able to say that.)

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
If it tastes like chemicals you're either doing something wrong or your juice vendor isn't very good. It should taste like whatever the label says it is.

I can assure you I'm not doing it wrong, nor did I the first time around.
Fully charged the passthrough - Pulled the Atomizer barely past the inside line of the tank, cocked it to the side, and filled the tank ~90% of the way full. Slid the atomizer back to a straight position, and inserted it past the gaskets of the tank closing the tank assembly. Then I dripped two drops at a time into the atomizer's sides making DAMN sure not to get it in the center hole (Anyone that's ever used a Zippo should know that you need ot hit the cotton, not the middle hole :p )
After a few drops would soak in (slowly) I would turn the atomizer 1/4 and repeat the process until it appeared well soaked, but was not overflowing by any means (zippo rule applies here as well.)
Once I did that, I put the drip tip in, gave a light blow to make sure there wasn't any leakage, and let it sit for about 30 minutes to prime.
Once the thirty minutes was up I'd screw it to the passthrough (which apparently came ~95% charged as it was done at this point) and went to smoke. The first "prime pump" I just sucked, and blew it out, then repeated this twice. The third "hit" was my actual one, and it was absolutely horrendous.

As I stated, I'm pretty freaking sure I didn't do anything wrong. Even though I may not have had instructions, previous usage experience, or any prior knowledge I'm very comfortable with my level of intuity. I may be wrong, but I don't think I did anything wrong.
Please, feel free to correct me if I did.

I'm fairly certain it's the juice.

vappour

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
I can definitely attest to the fact that some liquids have a nasty chemical / synthetic taste to them. I first got into vaping 1 month ago and bought a range of juices from ecig.com generic brand and heaven gifts dekang brand. All these juices had a chemical taste to them, but as I was new I thought that's how they are supposed to taste and the main thing is it got me off the smokes. I am using Ego-T with Stardust clearomizers. Since then I purchased juices from Alien Visions and Want2Vape, cleaned up the Stardusts and couldn't believe the difference, the chemical taste was completely gone. I now avoid the cheap Chinese flavours.

I can assure you I'm not doing it wrong, nor did I the first time around.
Fully charged the passthrough - Pulled the Atomizer barely past the inside line of the tank, cocked it to the side, and filled the tank ~90% of the way full. Slid the atomizer back to a straight position, and inserted it past the gaskets of the tank closing the tank assembly. Then I dripped two drops at a time into the atomizer's sides making DAMN sure not to get it in the center hole (Anyone that's ever used a Zippo should know that you need ot hit the cotton, not the middle hole :p )
After a few drops would soak in (slowly) I would turn the atomizer 1/4 and repeat the process until it appeared well soaked, but was not overflowing by any means (zippo rule applies here as well.)
Once I did that, I put the drip tip in, gave a light blow to make sure there wasn't any leakage, and let it sit for about 30 minutes to prime.
Once the thirty minutes was up I'd screw it to the passthrough (which apparently came ~95% charged as it was done at this point) and went to smoke. The first "prime pump" I just sucked, and blew it out, then repeated this twice. The third "hit" was my actual one, and it was absolutely horrendous.

As I stated, I'm pretty freaking sure I didn't do anything wrong. Even though I may not have had instructions, previous usage experience, or any prior knowledge I'm very comfortable with my level of intuity. I may be wrong, but I don't think I did anything wrong.
Please, feel free to correct me if I did.

I'm fairly certain it's the juice.

vappour

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
More than likely the vendor, with Juices I have found that you get what you pay for. I spent quite a bit of money on a range of "cheap" juices with the chemical taste, now that I have some quality juices the money spent on the cheap chinese stuff is down the drain - I put it down to the cost of entering the vaping club - once you find what works for you the costs should come down dramatically.

If it tastes like chemicals you're either doing something wrong or your juice vendor isn't very good. It should taste like whatever the label says it is.

vappour

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
If you want to go into mixing, I would recomment nicotine from rtsvapes, flavours from inawera (the most potent so you only need 1-3% to get the flavour), then the PG, VG, syringes from any local supplier.

I haven't tried any other liquid as I just built/bought/got this today, (didn't use a kit...I'm pretty electronically savvy, so this was an easy go for me.) but I'm sure that they'll smoke pretty well.
I may go straight into mixing my own. Have found several things online recommended by others to help assist in calculating dosages for mixing.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Any suggestions on the best places to buy flavoring for DIY mixing? I can sustain with the menthol cartomizers my local smoke shop sells for now until I get a DIY kit to mix myself so that I can find the perfect ratio of PG/VG/Nicotine/Flavor.

That's the main thing I purchased the Ego-T for was it's compatability, and the fact that I've got at LEAST 25 friends IRL that smoke theirs all the time, and I've never gotten a "faulty" hit off of one.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
If you want to go into mixing, I would recomment nicotine from rtsvapes, flavours from inawera (the most potent so you only need 1-3% to get the flavour), then the PG, VG, syringes from any local supplier.

BTW, I heard that Walmart typically carries PG in their pharmacy fro about 8 bucks for 250ML. Several others have said it mixes pretty well as a dilutant. Do you think it'd work well as a regular solvent as well?

Saphirsis

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Just have to put in here, sorry.
Some flavors that you love to eat or drink, just won't come off well for vaping. I love vanilla ice cream, and french vanilla coffee, anything vanilla. But I can't stand to vape it, at all. I know a lot of people that love it. I've tried about 15 different kinds, different manufacturers and mixed flavors, and it's just a no-go for me.
Luckily, there's a few hundred other flavors left to try, and I have 3 or 4 that I like and buy regularly.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Some flavors that you love to eat or drink, just won't come off well for vaping. I love vanilla ice cream, and french vanilla coffee, anything vanilla. But I can't stand to vape it, at all. I know a lot of people that love it. I've tried about 15 different kinds, different manufacturers and mixed flavors, and it's just a no-go for me.
Luckily, there's a few hundred other flavors left to try, and I have 3 or 4 that I like and buy regularly.

I can agree with that whole-heartedly. I didn't expect the dew replecation to taste 100% at all. However, in that same regard, I didn't expect it to taste like road kill dog being cooked in the summer sun on Route 66.

vappour

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
I'm not sure, I prefer to get my PG and VG from a dedicated ecig online store as that way I can be sure it's safe for vaping, but it's probably the same thing - best to be safe in my opinion.

BTW, I heard that Walmart typically carries PG in their pharmacy fro about 8 bucks for 250ML. Several others have said it mixes pretty well as a dilutant. Do you think it'd work well as a regular solvent as well?

vappour

Jul 21, 2012
Sydney
I can agree with that, I thought vanilla and cream would be nice because they won't have "too strong" a flavour and pretty generic, but I found the taste to not agree with me at all. I prefer the coffee and tobacco flavours now.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the ECF. Wait 'til it starts leaking on you and then revisit this thread. The EGO Twist is the new rage.

Not necessarily sure why the battery would leak on me. If you're referring to the tank I'm not that concerned about it. I'm not the type of person that expects gaskets to last forever; and already have a good supply of gaskets, tanks, atomizers, and drip tips on hand.
I've already modded the ego-t passthrough (just a re-coloure of the chrome'd parts) and will be color modding the tank, and bridge for the area between the passthrough, and tank to be solid black.
I appreciate the info; but I'm not that concerned with variable voltage; so it's not that large a concern for me. Plus I'm not the type to "follow the latest craze."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread