A banana a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
Keeps the lactic acid pains away..well it does for me. I was drinking gallons of water to try to stop the pain from lactic acid build up and it was sort of working, now I've switched to eating a banana once a day they're completely gone. I can't use VG by the way..it makes me continually hungry and caused me more skin problems that PG ever has.

Dolly

Oct 24, 2009
New Jersey
Keeps the lactic acid pains away...

Definitely! I suggest changing your port to this full title to easily alert others! :)

I couldn't believe the morning I woke up with massive calf pains! A friend, ex-football player, mentioned bananas and I was like....oh yea. I forgot how well they to do help with muscle cramps! :p

Last edited:

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I hear what everyone is saying but l bananas are incredibly cheap here, I get mine from a supplier which charges £1 ($1.60) for 20 which probably works out cheaper than supplements and they have other nutritious benefits. I've also read (from extreme sport forums) they actually work better than pure potassium tablets - I've no idea if there's any scientific basis for that.

Dolly

Oct 24, 2009
New Jersey
I've also read (from extreme sport forums) they actually work better than pure potassium tablets - I've no idea if there's any scientific basis for that.

I took a nutrition class in college that explained that when it's better to get your necessary vitamin intake from the actual food themselves because they metabolize in your body better. I know that's not the BEST explanation, and I cannot provide sauce at this time, but I mean, if you think about it, too...doesn't it make more sense just to eat an orange instead of taking a vitamin C pill? It's from the earth, not from a lab. =P

Anyway, if any science guys can reword that to sound more valid, please have at it. ;)

Synthesis

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
CT, USA
It has to do with bioavailability. Basically, by eating the whole food there are other vitamins/minerals/enzymes which help make the others more readily absorbed/digested by the body. While pills do contain the chemical you are looking for, a lot of times it is a synthetic form or just pure without any other compounds. This makes the pill less readily absorbed/digested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread