Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
So I am pretty broke until payday (thankfully tomorrow) and I started looking at my two packs of emergency cigarettes. They were three months old, they were going to go stale, and I was running out of juice, so I justified opening them up. After getting over the nastiness of the first cig, I got quickly used to it again. I really hope this doesn't mean I am going back to cigarettes, but that's a matter of my own willpower I suppose. Tomorrow I am going to order some really tasty liquids!

Speaking of liquids, I finally got around to making a tobacco liquid. I macerated the contents of two menthol cigarettes (a cheap brand sadly) along with some fresh ground coffee, a dash of vanilla, and some mint flavor in USP VG for about an hour. The result is... interesting. It's not sweet at all, as I have no effective sweetener (both stevia and sucralose did not work for me at least in the amounts I have experimented with) and it tastes so smoky that it's kind of reminiscent of vaping a dry carto. I guess I'll have to get used to that, now that I have a lot of the stuff.

wish me luck getting back to vaping!

Jay99

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
United Kingdom
you shouldn't have opened them up, after 7 straight weeks of vaping, I got curious and I had a pack of marlboro gold in the draw and after the first one, it was 6 weeks of tobacco. You should have got a loan or run to the supermarket and got a disposable.

I loved smoking, and it wasn't because of the nicotine, it was the experience. Good things must come to an end. To this day I still long for a cigarette but I've learnt to live with it.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
you shouldn't have opened them up, after 7 straight weeks of vaping, I got curious and I had a pack of marlboro gold in the draw and after the first one, it was 6 weeks of tobacco. You should have got a loan or run to the supermarket and got a disposable.

I loved smoking, and it wasn't because of the nicotine, it was the experience. Good things must come to an end. To this day I still long for a cigarette but I've learnt to live with it.

Definitely never should have opened them up. But I am pretty hard-up for cash right now. I have VG and flavorings at home, but no liquid nicotine base or sweetener (I have no idea if macerating tobacco imparts any nic in homemade liquid). I have steadily lowered my nicotine levels in the liquids I am using, but I kind of feel like my body was craving and I gave in to a moment of weakness. The thing is, after about the first week of vaping, I did not have any more significant cravings for cigarettes. This just crept up on me... :(

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Get back on the vaping horse when you get your juice and you'll be fine.

The few times I've tried a cigarette again I gave up after two drags because it was so awful.. I've always wondered if I kept going I'd get over the awful. Sadly even after over 1 year and a half vaping, I probably would.

If things are that tight going forward you might consider DIY or at keeping some nicotine in your freezer for emergency DIY.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Also see the DIY section for making your own juice. Some do it with tobacco extracts... but you may want to know more. Coffee? Maybe they do that too. IDK. But generally, the flavorings from flavor vendors are specific PORTIONS of the real thing... certain molecules. So one has to be careful. Besides, that kind of DIY stuff where you extract your own flavors can be a real atty/carto killer costing you more $$. Some compounds are alcohol soluble, some PG, some water, ......

Food for....thought.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I relocated a few months ago and spent days cross country driving chain smoking and chain vaping again. I used cigs cause they were something to break the monotony and something different w/me passthrough. And cause I knew it would be no big deal to break when I got there. And it wasn't. You can't help it with the finances.

You need to not have the diet mentality. "Oh my god! I ate a danish! I suck!" then punish yourself and make it into some life changing thing. Do what you need to to get by and not kill someone w/o nicotine and then go back to vaping as soon as you can. Like you said: it's willpower and your decision.

Beat yourself up over this, and it turns into some big deal and huge failure. Use the smokes because you have no other choice and go on to victory when you get the $$ to vape again. Having a Ben and Jerrys on your diet cause your hungry doesn't make someone a failure, neither does having a cig due to finances.

Win in the end. That's the difference between being American and a Frenchman ;0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread