A bit of love for the vika fantasy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Hi guys,

for my feeling the vika fantasy series clearomizers do not get enough recognition, so I'd like to share my experience.

a5ff6e_d5c569f651384203bb2214935dbf1ea1~mv2.png

The vika fantasy is pretty much a better Nautilus in my opinion. I'd say it comes equal to the legendary Kabuki in terms of taste and usability.
Besides the Nautilus in all forms/versions and a few other popular MTL clearos I own 2 authentic Kabukis which most would call the goldstandard in MTL vaping since they use the renown aspire BVC coils which offer great taste and quite good durability in an US made high quality engineered atomizer. Since a short while I own 2 authentic vika fantasy, the Holy Grail and the Lite. And I must say, I love them already.

The vika fantasy is compatible with all Nautilus/Triton mini BVC coils. The 316L medical stainless steel build quality seems solid and valuable, threadings seem on point, tank opens up smoothly. I really like the Kabuki-style airflowcontrol with the "set and forget" option which offers a wide range of settings for your likings. Tastewise it tops the original Nautilus forsure in my opinion, on top of that is the higher build quality and better airflowcontrol. I didn't encounter any gurggling or leaking yet. Sure, the Kabuki still feels a bit more valuable in terms of build quality, but considering for double the price ($50 vs $90-100), I'd say the vika fantasy is the better choice if you are not a HoH fanboy and just looking for a valuable product which offers great taste and usability. The Lite version for $30 offers a bell cap with an integrated chimney made out of polycarbonate which does not appear to be as solid as the Holy Grail version, but this clearo is light because of this,the name fits it and the design seems to be quite unique. Designwise I really like them both, beautiful to look at and the driptips finish the look.

One of the few posts focusing on the vika fantasy in this forum suggested to use the 5ml Cleito fatboy tank on the vika fantasy to even increase the capacity from 3/3.3ml. I'll give that a try soon altho I am doing fine with 3ml.

So, just my 2 cents on these 2 high quality chinese build clearos which - for me - offer an equal, but cheaper alternative to the legendary Kabuki and a superior choice compared to the Nautilus.

I just found them on the vika page for sale, but they offer free worldwide shipping above $40 with DHL express, received it in Germany 4 days after placing the order.

I'd highly recommend that the bored Nautilus lover should give it a try :)

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
@tailland haha you must have sucked loads of chess driptips back in 2010 according to your signature banner :headbang:
No, just observing people doing it and finding it weird. I see some old vapers on youtube still doing that... with their overly long tube mods, all metal tanks and long ... drip tips... I guess old habits die hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hi guys,

for my feeling the vika fantasy series clearomizers do not get enough recognition, so I'd like to share my experience.

a5ff6e_d5c569f651384203bb2214935dbf1ea1~mv2.png

The vika fantasy is pretty much a better Nautilus in my opinion. I'd say it comes equal to the legendary Kabuki in terms of taste and usability.
Besides the Nautilus in all forms/versions and a few other popular MTL clearos I own 2 authentic Kabukis which most would call the goldstandard in MTL vaping since they use the renown aspire BVC coils which offer great taste and quite good durability in an US made high quality engineered atomizer. Since a short while I own 2 authentic vika fantasy, the Holy Grail and the Lite. And I must say, I love them already.

The vika fantasy is compatible with all Nautilus/Triton mini BVC coils. The 316L medical stainless steel build quality seems solid and valuable, threadings seem on point, tank opens up smoothly. I really like the Kabuki-style airflowcontrol with the "set and forget" option which offers a wide range of settings for your likings. Tastewise it tops the original Nautilus forsure in my opinion, on top of that is the higher build quality and better airflowcontrol. I didn't encounter any gurggling or leaking yet. Sure, the Kabuki still feels a bit more valuable in terms of build quality, but considering for double the price ($50 vs $90-100), I'd say the vika fantasy is the better choice if you are not a HoH fanboy and just looking for a valuable product which offers great taste and usability. The Lite version for $30 offers a bell cap with an integrated chimney made out of polycarbonate which does not appear to be as solid as the Holy Grail version, but this clearo is light because of this,the name fits it and the design seems to be quite unique. Designwise I really like them both, beautiful to look at and the driptips finish the look.

One of the few posts focusing on the vika fantasy in this forum suggested to use the 5ml Cleito fatboy tank on the vika fantasy to even increase the capacity from 3/3.3ml. I'll give that a try soon altho I am doing fine with 3ml.

So, just my 2 cents on these 2 high quality chinese build clearos which - for me - offer an equal, but cheaper alternative to the legendary Kabuki and a superior choice compared to the Nautilus.

I just found them on the vika page for sale, but they offer free worldwide shipping above $40 with DHL express, received it in Germany 4 days after placing the order.

I'd highly recommend that the bored Nautilus lover should give it a try :)

WOW!
It is the first drop in coil tank that I am tempted to buy... since Nautilus2... I have so many RTAs that I will feel guilty to buy it... but... maybe as christmas present...:sneaky: I will see...:)

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I like my little Fantasy. Hard to tell for flavours (don't use them), but it vapes smoothly and feels sturdier than the Nautilus. With the afc closed off, it nicely nails the draw.

I use a fairly bland drip tip on mine, but it's tidy enough. The chess type thingy's interesting, but not really my game.

But hey - yay for the Vika! Nice to know someone else uses it. :)

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Suckling on chess piece drip tips is so 2010

The chess type thingy's interesting, but not really my game.

But hey - yay for the Vika! Nice to know someone else uses it. :)

A little background story to chess pawn style driptip:

Back in 2016 vika colaborated with Five Pawns (premium US made liquids) and created a vika fantasy Five Pawns edition. The colab ended and as a result it seems that vika removed the glass tank with the Five Pawns logo and labeled it as Holy Grail from there on, I guess because the driptip could also be seen as the holy grail.

As being too late to the vika party for the Five Pawns edition and since I have a little addiction to limited/special editions of things I like, I just ordered the Five Pawns version from Taobao (Chinese Amazon), hope to get it soon :)

koH18LJ.jpg

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Dunno if I get what you're saying, but isn't the majority made with an AF ring?
    I mean that the Vika and Kapluki both have those screws. Was a regular AF ring hard to figure out? It's just my preference that's all... I might have bought both if they had rings instead of screws.

Nice tank, enjoy!

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
    Frankfurt, Germany
    @r77r7r
    Actually I don't think it was hard to figure out, but just not the prefered choice and I second this. I prefer the AFC screw way over the AFC ring since you are able to set the airflow more precisely and you won't change your setting by accident like I did a dozen times when unscrewing and attaching the Nautilus or any other with an AFC ring. First installation is a bit fiddly to find the sweet spot, but done in no matter of time and then you just don't need to care anymore. For my feeling and handling it's superior, but ofc a matter of taste, I guess, especially when you tend to switch the airflow setting regularly.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I always hated chess. My early experiences with it were my brother being "made" to play me and being beaten mercilessly and then told, "You're so stupid, Anna."

My mom would always tell him to knock it off, I wish she had just KNOCKED OFF making us PLAY, although I was gifted in my later years with the ability to beat EVERYONE at everything (my mom hated it the most, man, I once beat her 20 times in a row at Skip-bo she was so DETERMIND to win, but it's all in the discard piles man) except CHESS. I don't want to have to learn that much about one game, plus I really just hated it. LOL.

Still kind of love the TANK,.

Anna

• Winner
    Reactions: odieX

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Chess style driptips shouldn't be of any concern at all as I emailed vika before placing the order and kindly asked if a discount is possible when buying 2 clearos. They offered an extra pack of original Aspire BVC coils and gave me an extra classic titanium driptip. So, if you don't like the chess style driptip at all, just kindly ask for the classic one, chance's high that your wish will be granted... :)

IMG_6868.jpg

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Sorry to mix things up, but stalking the Vika site again (…I think I know how this will unravel), I thought that the Ti version seemed nice. I then searched for "p3 to 510 adapter" and - sure enough - they're around. Further down the search results, however, was the P3 Nautilus. Looks rather smart, actually.

I had no idea there was such a thing, but it makes sense. Nice, sensible drip tip too.
    p3-nauty.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread