A brief moment of glory . . . before certain obsolescence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Well, I'm done. (except for some touch-up on RM2 #3, which will complete my heavenly vape trio .. . an RM2 sent to me by a certain angel who shall remain nameless . . . [Dennis]). My crew is assembled, my work is done. I present to you three REOs Grand, all modded to a V-drop of ~0.15V on a 1Ω coil (with the only fuse mod that has been called "safe" . .. . when done right). Custom firing pins with extra long tongues and sheathed in brass, to lap the fire from 2000mAh flattop batteries that perform equal to our beloved AW1600s (only they last longer. . . . ). 510+ posts polished to freedom from current-hindering chrome plating. Custom six position atty collars with air holes ranging from 1.35 to 1.7mm.

I had to throw this up while there was still some value to it. Rob's mod package is just around the corner, and (from what little birds tell me) it's gonna be pretty sweet. I have to say, I have had SO much fun doing this. Sharing ideas, critiquing, rethinking, brainstorming with you all. Every aspect of these modifications is the result of the REO Clan coming together, sharing ideas, and perfecting the already perfect. Credit where credit is due, folks, it just happened to amalgamate here. I hesitate to name names, for fear of omitting someone. Props to all my friends, here, in REOville.

Seriously, don't bother doing any of this until you see what Rob has to offer (or after). It'll be very soon, and, from what I know already, it will not disappoint!

So, here's the pics . .. .

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I've been following all the threads that show the development of these modifications, really cool stuff!

It lends a real "open source" vibe to the REO.

And it's also really cool that the creator of the device also pays close attention to these forums and makes plans to implement many of these developments.

Myself, I've had my REO just over a week, and I really do love it the way it is. Stil this stuff is pretty awesome. Makes me glad that I chose the Reo as my first mech mod and even more excited to be part of this great community.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I've been following all the threads that show the development of these modifications, really cool stuff!

And it's also really cool that the creator of the device also pays close attention to these forums and makes plans to implement many of these developments.

Myself, I've had my REO just over a week, and I really do love it the way it is. Stil this stuff is pretty awesome. Makes me glad that I chose the Reo as my first mech mod and even more excited to be part of this great community.

Agree :)

He also pays for this forum for us :). Robs the real deal.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Glad to see you pulled the thread to share the whole thing. It was an EPIC journey with you guys experimenting and sharing our progress. Remember when I was assembling the brass shim for the first time, I got that random message "Did you explode? :p" that made me crack up so hard. You guys made it so detailed, that I was able to follow through, learn a lot and pull off those mods perfectly in the first try.

Most importantly I think we need to thank this group of modders for their effort in perfecting something that was already so perfect. Thanks to their efforts even Rob started getting interested and look at the end result, an official sub ohm kit from the modmaster himself. Also props to Rob for keeping an eye on this, caring about our safety and going a step further and making his own kit. Doesn't get better than that, thanks Rob!

It was damn fun, and I thank each one of you who helped me and replied to my questions. You guys kick...wait that's not my line I have to leave that for SXD. :D Rock 'n' roll guys! :lol: :D

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Well, I'm done. (except for some touch-up on RM2 #3, which will complete my heavenly vape trio .. . an RM2 sent to me by a certain angel who shall remain nameless . . . [Dennis]). My crew is assembled, my work is done. I present to you three REOs Grand, all modded to a V-drop of ~0.15V on a 1Ω coil (with the only fuse mod that has been called "safe" . .. . when done right). Custom firing pins with extra long tongues and sheathed in brass, to lap the fire from 2000mAh flattop batteries that perform equal to our beloved AW1600s (only they last longer. . . . ). 510+ posts polished to freedom from current-hindering chrome plating. Custom six position atty collars with air holes ranging from 1.35 to 1.7mm.

I had to throw this up while there was still some value to it. Rob's mod package is just around the corner, and (from what little birds tell me) it's gonna be pretty sweet. I have to say, I have had SO much fun doing this. Sharing ideas, critiquing, rethinking, brainstorming with you all. Every aspect of these modifications is the result of the REO Clan coming together, sharing ideas, and perfecting the already perfect. Credit where credit is due, folks, it just happened to amalgamate here. I hesitate to name names, for fear of omitting someone. Props to all my friends, here, in REOville.

Seriously, don't bother doing any of this until you see what Rob has to offer (or after). It'll be very soon, and, from what I know already, it will not disappoint!

So, here's the pics . .. .

Very nicely thought out and executed (and beautiful to boot)! :)

Open source is another good analogy - even better than hot-rodders - and just like code is reviewed before possible incorporation into the main build, these posts with all their detailed pictures perform a similar purpose :)

Agree :)

He also pays for this forum for us :). Robs the real deal.

I couldn't agree more. This community, the Reo and Rob are all top notch!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
And there you go. Less than 24hrs later. Obsolete. :)

:toast:

from Rob
The contacts I am having made up are Beryllium copper . I had some in the shop so I made up a positive contact and a spring similar to the contacts that will be used in the kits I am having made . Of course the contacts that I am having made will be plated and better looking this was just a quick test so I could get & idea of how well the material would perform . I am sure there will be some differences in the final product .

.39 ohm

Can't wait to test the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
And there you go. Less than 24hrs later. Obsolete. :)

:toast:

from Rob

Can't wait to test the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but it took folks like you to really push this forward. There have been mutterings of V-Drop issues with the Grand for a while, though admittedly not much of an issue until this sub-Ω craze surfaced.

Though I would have never attempted any of the modifications you and others have posted, I'm glad you did.

Perfection (or more accurately the perception of perfection) is funny in that it sometimes leads us to stop striving to make things better. We all love our Reos, and sometimes that love blinds us to the possibilities.

I'm also happy that Rob was not put off by these discussions. He has obviously taken these things to heart and was OPEN to ideas/suggestions.

You all rock very HARD, and Reoville will be rockin' even harder for your efforts. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread