A bunch of dishonest jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
The last few days I've seen several threads where some of you have recieved additional items you did not order mailed to you with your order. And i'm not talking about a free 5ml bottle of juice, i'm talking Vamos, chargers, expensive full ego kits. And every single person bragged about how they got a free whatnot. Not one person said they were going to mail it back or contact the vendor. You can call me goodie two shoes, but keeping those items is wrong, makes all us vapors look bad, drives up prices and hurts our vendors. I'm super disapointed. Have I ever gotten something free in a package? Yes and I contacted the vendor. Both times free juice for me. But keeping Vamos? Wth?

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Really?! Must have missed those threads! I tend to agree - I have received items I haven't ordered in the past, and I've always returned them. Comes down to morals, really.

The one thing that I don't agree with is that it makes vapers look bad (although bragging about this kind of thing on a public forum is plain stupid) - it just makes humans look bad!

JJ

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I did the same I got a extra mod ( limited production mind you from Greece ) I did not order. I contacted the Vendor and put the mod in the mail to the rightful owner. Who was in Europe. The Vendor offered to give me my money back for being honest but I refused and accepted reimbursement for shipping only.
My reasoning is I should not get payed for doing the right thing. The grateful email I got from the intended owner was worth more that the 200+ dollars.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
I did the same I got a extra mod ( limited production mind you from Greece ) I did not order. I contacted the Vendor and put the mod in the mail to the rightful owner. Who was in Europe. The Vendor offered to give me my money back for being honest but I refused and accepted reimbursement for shipping only.
My reasoning is I should not get payed for doing the right thing. The grateful email I got from the intended owner was worth more that the 200+ dollars.

That's really cool kudos for sending it back. It would be tempting, but I like my vendors. Not being able to go back, because I stole would suck.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
That's really cool kudos for sending it back. It would be tempting, but I like my vendors. Not being able to go back, because I stole would suck.

I doubt they would of ever known who got the extra mod I just imagined how I would feel if I had to wait another few months because my mod got lost! That made it easy to do the right thing. I also believe if you do good things good things have a way of happening to you so really I am selfish motivated;-)

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I've never received anything extra in an order that wasn't part of a known promotion, or it's just a small complimentary add-on. I'd definitely contact the vendor if I did though. Karma has a way of getting back around to ya and evening things out at some point...usually at the worst time....playing it straight is just a good way of conducting one's life and maintaining a clear conscience...YMMV...

Last edited:

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
The last few days I've seen several threads where some of you have recieved additional items you did not order mailed to you with your order. And i'm not talking about a free 5ml bottle of juice, i'm talking Vamos, chargers, expensive full ego kits. And every single person bragged about how they got a free whatnot. Not one person said they were going to mail it back or contact the vendor. You can call me goodie two shoes, but keeping those items is wrong, makes all us vapors look bad, drives up prices and hurts our vendors. I'm super disapointed. Have I ever gotten something free in a package? Yes and I contacted the vendor. Both times free juice for me. But keeping Vamos? Wth?

I know, right? This kind of stuff just really makes me :mad::-x I haven't seen a current thread like this, but there was one a while back where someone was bragging about getting a "free" eVic. Take heart, though . . . MOST of the people who commented would have done the right thing, and I haven't seen the OP since.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Faith restored in humanity.

Another little story. I was in Target pharmacy getting aspirin, antacids,etc. I forgot my eyeglasses so I took a pair from the rack to read the bottles. I put them on top of my head intending to return them to the rack. Well, I forgot. I finnished my purchaces and left the store with them on. What was strange is that the price tag was hanging on my fore head and still went unnoticed. I got out to my car before I realized what I had done. It was no big amount of money and I could of just went home. But I knew I would feel guilty every time I had used them. I walked them back and left them on the counter.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Earl.jpg

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
One was in the British forums and I will find the others later. i'm going out to breakfast and movie with hubby. Yes, on Ft that didn't work, one that did, an ego kit, evic, and I forget the others. All very recently. Not all were Ft. 2 were.

No, vendors make mistakes, doesn't make them look bad. It's not a mistake to keep a vamo, it's intentional.

And yes it just made me mad. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:

Covert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Long Beach, California
Mistakenly got someones $50 30ml sampler from Good Life I called and offered to ship it back ended up getting to keep the juice, but when it showed up all I could think of is that some poor soul might be picking up a cig because they are out of juice. I felt like crap until I was told the customer was local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread