• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Cannoli ... Anyway that's what I call it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Good afternoon all

Haven't posted seriously in quite awhile so I'm certain this has been done but thought I would share it anyway.

Wanted to increase the usage of my genies which have been languishing since the arrival of my kayfun and SQuape but wanted to enjoy the awesome wicking qualities and cleanliness of cotton and the structure of SS mesh. I'm also concerned about the Nextel I've been vaping with. The Wicking and dry burn cleaning are great but when you touch them the amount of "dust" that is generated has me wondering.

So I thought I'd put the cotton and SS mesh together and here's what it looks like and how I did it.

This is the second "Cannoli" with enough mesh for a couple of wraps

IMG_20140622_185206_zps5dceca48.jpg

A pleasant surprise that I hadn't planned for or thought of until I began wrapping the cotton with the SS mesh was that once rolled the mesh would not unravel. Reason is that the SS mesh gout caught in the cotton or vice versa and kept everything in place.

IMG_20140622_185322_zps0a2678f8.jpg

Next I rolled one of the cotton ends into a tight point and "screwed" into the wick hole. I thought it would turn into a horror show but it wasn't that difficult a task.

IMG_20140622_190657_zps39d25b58.jpg

So that the end result in my Zen Pechela. At that point I left the bottom cotton on because I did feel like taking the tank off and wanted to get to vaping immediately. Another unintended benefit is that the excess cotton acts like a mop. Running some SloHand #7 throughout the tank with a 1.1 ohm coil compliments of 28 AWG Kanthal. The coil was a little tricky as there is not the full rigidity you get with a full SS mesh or wire rope wick.

Excellent flavour and vapour production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread