The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A case for tobacco taxes

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by TWISTED VICTOR, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TWISTED VICTOR

TWISTED VICTOR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Exhibit 1: U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

It moves pretty fast, but as I scrolled over some of the stuff I had to wonder if it's ticking faster now that I haven't paid 'baccy taxes in a while :). Sorry 'bout that Osama.

2. firechick

firechick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Hey TV!!!!! (standing in new barn waving) Keep that tax break going for yourself, brother! Gonna need it to pay for the sugary drink tax. :(

3. TWISTED VICTOR

TWISTED VICTOR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem

You got that right. I saw it coming when they first came up with "cigarette" tax. Everybody though I was crazy (...where do they come up with those ideas?) but look who's laughing now. :pervy:

Wish I'da been wrong :(.

4. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    Yep I was going to figure out a way to grow my own or something that's when I found out about e-cigs. I was doing the Roll Your Own for a couple of years and then Obama zapped that with a 2000% tax hike.

5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah I heard about that soda tax a while back but didn't think it would go anywhere. I can't fit another fridge to stockpile soda. I guess I could line the walls of the basement.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

6. four2109

four2109 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    Subsidize corn, and then tax corn syrup. Maybe it's time we stop subsidizing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.