• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A contest for our troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
In December I'm going to have a contest just for people in the military. I realize it's hard for people in the military to have access to internet or a computer so I will make the contest easy for you all to enter. I will check with rolygate to make sure it's ok I hold it in the Armed Services Forum. My question for all of you is what kind of prize do you want to have for the contest. A mod? juice? Attys? Let me know and the one product that gets the most votes will be the prize :).

VetSGT

Destroyer of Mods
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
kansas
I would say just something like a ego something that would be durable and last throughout the day. Or a nice package of juices/cartos/attys since those would seem the most perishable / disposable. But not sure what most military folks are vaping, I myself use a kr808 and joye 510....hope this gets more traffic :)

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mod wise I think a E-Power would be good. Mine held up pretty good on the ship and on land, it even got wet a few times. I had 6 batteries and a 4 slot battery charger and I was good for 12+ days when I had no place to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addisdaddy07

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Savannah Ga
Durability and simplicity is the key for most of us serving in the armed forces. In my experience, even though I have many nice mods, I go with the stuff that I don't have to mess with a lot on a daily basis when I go to work. I have personally gone back to using Riva's at work, and occasionally I will pull my protege out, but my vv devices never go to work with me. I know I can take one of these, drop it off a helicopter and pick it up never missing a beat. So, I say... Icon, ggtb, or maybe even a Prodigy.

Tektronik

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Moore, Oklahoma
I'm going to agree with what was said by others. Something that is durable and simple to use with a mechanical switch. Atomizers with drip shields so there's no mess. When I go TDY, I take my Icon and (4) 510 Low Res attys, each with a sealed 510 to 510 adapter and each with those delrin drip shields pre-assembled and 2 drip tips. I usually don't go through all of them but its nice to have extras. I pack a two channel AC charger and (8) 14500s but carry 4 on me at all times. I don't use the eGo because you are not allowed to plug any USB device into a government computer, even if its just for power only, plus I'd have to explain it all and I don't desire that extra attention brought on me. I charge whenever I can.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
As far as a prize, the biggest PITA overseas Is waiting for the mail, and when im on my last pack of cartos, and/last bottle of juice I start freaking out. So for me packs of boges (2.0 ohm? Pre punched?) possibly a durable tank and some juice that won't breakdown in the heat.

If you want a cheap durable mod try an Epower, if your willing to spend about $200 get a Reo mini (fits in the upper right shoulder pocket well) or grand (you can change batteries so you can have 3.7v or 5v).

I never worry about breaking my mod, it's been dropped, shoulder rolled on (carto broke though), I've had my IOTV get stuck on it, my ruck and assault pack tend to snag on the carto (and break it) but my mini just keeps working. Since it's all mechanical you don't have to worry about getting it wet (just dry it before you use it)

ARMYVAPR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
North Carolina
I have a REO also and I agree with you... while my NCO's dont want to try the ecigs and stay with the tebaco cigs, when we are in the field and rain most of them cant smoke because their cigs got wet, but me I just take out my reo blow it abit and rub with a rag and they get mad because I can do what the cant with their wet cigs.... thow some times I get told if we cant smoke because our cigs are wet you cant use that either.... but at least I dont have to go and waste 6 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread