Not open for further replies.

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
Hey now!

Let me preface this by saying, most of the Pink Spot juice that has been reviewed on my website received excellent scores. These two, not so much...

[h=3]
sadface.jpg
Pink Spot Bubblegum, US, 30/70 PG/VG[/h]
posted to vaporrater.com 06.20.2012
To get right to the point here, the Pink Spot Bubblegum flavor has some issues. It has a good aroma that is dead-on bubblegum, but the vape is a far cry from the nose. The taste is rather perfume-y and slightly medicinal, with some odd notes of opium incense. The overall flavor is lacking the sweet juicy qualities that other bubblegum e-liquids are often loaded with. I tend to like Pink Spot as they usually produce a very high quality product rich with flavor, but in this case, I simply can't get the bubblegum flavor to make more than a brief appearance that is quickly overtaken by this opium perfume-like aftertaste. Throat hit is good for a candy flavor, albeit a bit scratchy, and the cloud is well above average, but the overall juice is more than a little deficient in the flavor department demonstrating no real balance or complexity.

Accuracy of Flavor – 1/5
Flavor Density – 1/5
Throat Hit – 3/5
Vapor Production –4/5

[h=3]
medium.jpg
Pink Spot Butter Rum Lifesafer, US, 30/70 PG/VG[/h]posted to vaporrater.com 05.10.2012
Oh, how I wanted to like this one. I'm a huge fan of Butter Rum Lifesavers and I really wanted this to be a good representation. Unfortunately, Pink Spot got the proportions off and what you're left with on the front-end tastes more like a drinking a shot of straight rum. They really nailed the flavor of both the butter and the rum, but where they fell short is bringing these two flavors together in some sort of harmony. The rum really takes over the inhale leaving the buttery goodness somewhere in the dust. A few seconds after the exhale, the butter flavor begins to make an appearance and the taste is divine, a perfect reproduction of the real thing. My issue here lies with the bold and boozy flavor of the rum that hijacks the smooth, creamy butter flavor and makes this a less than perfect review. The throat hit here is very nice and vapor production is also respectable.

Accuracy of Flavor – 2/5
Flavor Density – 3/5
Throat Hit – 4/5
Vapor Production – 4/5

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
No doubt about that Hottody. I was particularly surprised about the Bubblegum since I've had some really great bubblegum from other vendors and PS usually puts out some pretty good juice. The Butter Rum was just more of a disappointment since it's a flavor combo I normally like and PS just failed to bring them together cohesively.

I do plan on submitting my next round of juice orders shortly so if anyone has suggestions of flavors that are must haves from PS or any other vendors, I'd love to hear your suggestions, especially if you can recommend a spectacular butter rum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread