Status
Not open for further replies.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I have just a few questions dealing with the site, and I hope someone can help me.

The first one may be simple.

Why are my posted pics so small? I don't need them to be big, but mine are quite tiny compared to most others I see on the forums. Am I doing something wrong, or is it something else?

The second one may be a bit more involved.

Why does the forum keep unsubscribing me from threads? This seems to happen quite regularly, more on some threads than others. It doesn't seem to matter whether I subscribed by posting or by just subscribing. Some threads it seems to happen on at least once a week (sometimes multiple times a day), other seem more random. It has turned into a game to try to figure out which ones I am missing from day to day!

Thanks to the ECF mods and forum gurus in advance.

Salky

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I am new here, but have figured out that when you actually press subscribe you go to the "settings" button above and it will show all the threads you subscribed to. As for subscribing by posting, when you go to the "whats new" and "my posts" they will only come up if a new post was made by someone, otherwise they may be pages back.

If I am wrong about this, please correct me. I too would love to hear any tricks and tips.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I have just a few questions dealing with the site, and I hope someone can help me.

The first one may be simple.

Why are my posted pics so small? I don't need them to be big, but mine are quite tiny compared to most others I see on the forums. Am I doing something wrong, or is it something else?

Salky

It depends on how you post the images.

If you upload images to ECF there is a very small size limit to images. For this reason most people use an external image server like Flikr et al and embed links to their images instead. Since this skips over uploading the images to ECF the images can be as large as your image server of choice allows.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I am new here, but have figured out that when you actually press subscribe you go to the "settings" button above and it will show all the threads you subscribed to. As for subscribing by posting, when you go to the "whats new" and "my posts" they will only come up if a new post was made by someone, otherwise they may be pages back.

If I am wrong about this, please correct me. I too would love to hear any tricks and tips.

No, you have it correct as can be. But it isn't a problem with how to subscribe or how to see my subscriptions, it is that it randomly unsubscribes me from threads. Take for example the AltCig Vape Happy thread (I think I have seen you there). I have not had it show up on my settings page, but I guarantee there has been a post made since I last checked it 12 hours ago. And it doesn't show up even if I view my list of all subscribed threads. It is probably the most common one I notice, just due to the fact that there are enough regular posters that I know there is no way no one has said anything in an entire day, but there are others. And there are several that never go away.

Thanks VS1 for your input, I appreciate it. I am sure someone will figure this out sometime.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
salky, If you could provide some links and a little more specific information it will help our tech guys troubleshoot your issue. Subscriptions are a little bit weird in vBulletin and sometimes you can clear the issue by deleting all of your subs and doing a "deep cleaning" of your cookies (sometimes there are persistent cookies that affect things you would never expect!).

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
Thanks Rick, that makes sense as far as the pictures go. I will give the external hosting a shot.

Thanks also oldsoldier, I know I had used Spybot to clean my cookies at least once since this started happening on my home computer. Actually, I have replaced the hard drive and did a fresh OS install since this started, so I am thinking I can rule out my home PC. I am wondering if it could be due to something on my phone end. I will clear my cookies on it and see if that helps. If that don't do it, I will clear my subs and re-sub to see if that does the trick. I'll let you know if it works in a couple of days.

As far as other information, I really don't have anything of substance to add. Just seemingly random posts I read daily will disappear from my subscriptions. Not all of them, not any specific ones that I can tell (except for the altcig one, I just notice it the easiest). I know the SuperT Strata thread has unsubscribed me a few times as well; I gave up on that one though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread