A couple pro tank questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
My local B&M sells the original protank 1 and a protank2 mini clone (an x6 or something?). I am considering giving the original protank a try because I don't have any glass tanks currently and well it's always exciting buying a new tank. Anyways, I have a 5 pack of genuine Kanger evod/protank coils, will these work with both the original pro tank and the mini 2? Also, I have heard of people having issues with "dry hits". I know what these are like and they're not enjoyable. I vape 50/50, is it likely that this juice will give me a problem? I don't really want to have to deal with dry hits and messing with pulling wicks and all of that. Just wondering what your guys' experience has been with different juice mixtures and such. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
PTank1 is fine - better, I think than a clone...
Coils will work.
I pop the "chimney" - air tube - off the coil, and remove ONE strand of the wick lying across the top, then put it back together.
This lets more juice get to the coil.
I find it prevents the dry hits, and still does not leak or gurgle.
And I run about 50/50 juice too.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Yes the coils will work across the pt 1, pt2, and evod 1 family :). I think the dry hit issue is with the silica wick Kanger uses. Once I have changed out the wicks I no longer get the dry hits.

Thanks. What vg/pg mix were you using when you were experiencing dry hits?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread