Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
The long part
------------------
In late March I placed my first order with HaloCigs.com for a 5-pack of their Premium Atomizers. I hadn't tried an atomizer other than JOYE [510] and [shamefully] was a bit seduced by the Tribeca sample.

Halo shipped morning after and same day in my two experiences. I received the atomizers and started using one along with my rotation of JOYEs. It wasn't until May 14th or 15th that I tried the rest of the bundle. Two of them seemed Dead on Arrival (DOA) and the third defective unit leaked profusely[!] out of the front when dripped with. The fifth worked as expected (as acceptable as JOYE). As did the first unit - if you didn't notice the atomizer lasted 5-6 weeks [in a rotation of three or four]. The device I'm using the atomizer with is a GLV2mini and to clean the atomizers I use with a warm water bath and air drying for the few days or weeks .

So I wrote Johhny Blaze and after clarifying the issue he offered to receive the defective atomizers in the mail for QC and replace them if justified. I tested the atomizers again before shipping them back. One of the DOA units still didn't work -at-all-. After refusing to work, I put the second DOA atomizer to the test and gave it power for longer than I'd consider. It finally gave an extremely loud snap. It began to make vapor but it didn't seem to perform well. It also weeped an unusual (though not near the way the third atomizer of interest) amount of ejuice out of the front. This is MESSY. I found that out with the leaky one while bedridden from neck injury and chocolate-covered strawberry PG/VG oozed from the PV out from the holes next to the threads to the atomizer with just a few uses :facepalm:. It did come out in the wash.

I wrote all of these issues down and packed them using the packing and box they came in and with the original receipt. I didn't hear from them so on the first or second week of June I wrote JB asking if he received the package. He agreed with my request: I was going to order more atomizers and he would add any extras as replacements. This time I ordered a 5-pack of their Basic Atomizers and he added two Basic Atomizers. The order also came with the 10ml sample of Captain Jack (that came with orders over around 18 bucks - a nice perk). The package was shipped the same day I placed the order and came in on-time, which I like. They use a solid compact cardboard box too, as opposed to the paper and/or plastic sleeves.

It might look like I received the short end of the deal. At the 5-pack price the Basic Atomizers are $7.20(US)/atomizer and the Premium Atomizers cost $7.60/unit. This comes out to a $8.40 difference in value between what I sent back to them and what was sent in return as replacements. Add to that the $4.60 it cost to ship the package and losses come out to $13.00. Add to that figure the cost of the three faulty atomizers I sent back to them - $17.60 - and we see that I in effect payed $30.60 for the two working Basic Atomizers. This doesn't take into consideration these atomizers' proportions of the shipping costs from Halo (originally $2.37 and $3.04 for the first and second orders, respectively), which total to $1.80. Ultimately it cost $32.40(US) or $16.20 per unit (shipped) for two Halo Basic Atomizers.

If you read their Terms & Conditions you will see that international customers (people that do not live in the USA) do have warranties on their products from Halo. To quote their language:
To all international customers only, we warrant to you that, where you buy a product as a consumer, any product purchased from us through our Site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied and will conform with description or sample.
I claim that the three Premium Atomizers I sent were not "of satisfactory quality ... for all the purposes for which the products of the kind are commonly supplied" (an atomizer for a personal vaporizer).

Unfortunately, customers from the USA don't enjoy these privileges. The final paragraph describes the warranty on products from the Made in the USA vendor for us in the United States:
This does not in any way limit or exclude any liability of us (a) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, (b) for breach of any condition as to title or quiet enjoyment implied by section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; (c) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or (d) for fraudulent misrepresentation. Other than the warranties and other assurances we give you in these Terms and Conditions, HaloCigs.com specifically disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied terms of satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. No oral advice or written information given by HaloCigs.com shall create a warranty (unless made fraudulently).
The three laws quoted are from the United Kingdom. It appears I fall under the "Other than the warranties and other assurances we give you in these Terms and Conditions" and have absolutely no warranty.
------------------

The skinny

This was and is the only non-JOYE atomizer I've tried. I was hoping they would perform as well as the JOYE 510s. The first one worked just as well. Unfortunately 3 of the other 4 I believe were unacceptable. Halo agreed to look at the defective atomizers and replace them if defective. I sent the three through the mail and ordered 5 more of their standard model (as opposed to the defective Premium Atomizers) and they added two of the standard atomizers as replacement. If you follow my math I ended up paying $32.40 for two of their Basic Atomizers, apart the non-defective atomizers I bought (which did or I expect will work fine).

But, if you read their Terms & Conditions you will see that customers in the USA (and only in the USA) have no warranty on any of the products bought from HaloCigs.com. With this considered, it was pretty accommodating of them to give me two free Basic Atomizers after I bought more through their website. I do find it hypocritical that they advertise their E-liquid / Smoke Juice as "USA MADE" when they only give warranties to people who aren't Americans, though by purchasing JOYE I'm admittedly not always an emphatic nationalist (are the HaloCigs.com atomizers "USA MADE"?). It might be considered too that it was ~6 weeks after the purchase date that I contacted Johnny Blaze through this forum about the defective atomizers.

But we have to consider the business of our vendors. Most atomizers are made outside of the country, probably in China for cheap. Still, the volume and markup on them can't be that great. Though they are wear items, I can't see them as a main source of income relative to a company like HaloCigs.com's E-liquid / Smoke Juice's income should be. These are entrepreneurs who have to keep the business afloat while paying their customers and themselves enough to warrant the time they put into what is a service (though a business) for us PV users.

In closing

Will I order atomizers from HaloCigs.com again? If this batch of 7 Basic Atomizers works fine and they have another test flavor giveaway at the time - probably. I see myself behind on the deal so far but reliable suppliers for such an ... addictive hobby are good to have if I find them so.

Enjoying myself with the help of a HaloCigs.com Basic Atomizer as I marvel at the length of this post. Thanks for reading everyone, Goodnight!

=== DO NOT EAT ===
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/15608/johnny-blaze.html

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear; JB was nice (after a couple exchanges) and accommodating in our communications. And he admitted when I wrote him about the atomizers I sent back that he had been busy and didn't have a chance to check out the package I sent / didn't connect our private messages with the box they received. From their standpoint they were probably being considerate and didn't have written down what I sent back to them to replace

Johnny Blaze

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Thanks for taking the time to write this, but I wish you would have contacted me first for a little more information.

One HUGE problem with this whole write-up: Our 510 atomizers are all original Joye :facepalm:

In addition, I believe you completely mis-understood the point of the International customers paragraph in the T&M. The point of this paragraph is to tell international customers they cant return a starter kit because they don't like it, it has to be defective.

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
One HUGE problem with this whole write-up: Our 510 atomizers are all original Joye :facepalm:

Are they? I assumed they were different because the alloy used on the JOYE atomizers (at least the one's I've always purchased) for the metal piece that threads into the power supply appears near brass where yours looks like tin. It might just be an option from JOYE I'm not aware of. If you guys are taking them apart and plating that piece of metal that would be really impressive on your part at the price you sell them for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread