A day of change .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd Harbin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
huntsville AL
We have friends in for New years , most of them smoke . My wife has had pneumonia twice in 3 months and is a smoker also . I have been making the moke from analog to e-cig for 6 months and am finally there , no more analog cravings. Yesterday my wife asked for me to set up my passthrough with a tank of Ms T's Vanilla Custard for her . Our friends started ariving shortly after she started and see her along with me vaping four of them asked to give it a try . I passed my VAMO around with some tip condom's and all of them liked it . Later we go out to eat , while waiting to be seated everyone lit up and I started vaping . I had a few strange looks and a few questions from people waiting outside for their seat's . Our friends who had tried vaping earlier all asked more questions . After dinner we went to a Karaoke bar and again I vaped away . Had many more questions from fellow singers . Fastforward to this morning and three of the four have been looking at a few PV's online and I think will be ordering . Great day for ALL !

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
That's fantastic!

I've had some experience passing my setups over to smoking friends to try. They all start hacking like first-time smokers, telling me that it's really harsh. I'm not sure if it's my juice PG/VG ratio, my voltage, or a combination of factors, but I've never considered my vape "harsh". I guess if I'm to start changing the world, I'll have to keep a "mild" setup on me wherever I go for such situations.

Well done, and keep spreading the word!

frankyfive

Dec 10, 2012
Tacoma WA
Nice Work Edd. You just started a new trend for wife and friends for the new year. Congrats. Didnt quite have the same effect around my friends yet but they will come along. However...gave me baby sis a started kit for Xmas and now all her frieds are starting to ask about it too.
Duane. Thats what my sis said when she hit the PV for the first time. But then I just let her hang on to it and keep trying. She loved the Strawberry flavor it had so she wanted to try and eventually she shouted at me...hey I didnt choke up. And here we are now =)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had some experience passing my setups over to smoking friends to try. They all start hacking like first-time smokers, telling me that it's really harsh. I'm not sure if it's my juice PG/VG ratio, my voltage, or a combination of factors, but I've never considered my vape "harsh". I guess if I'm to start changing the world, I'll have to keep a "mild" setup on me wherever I go for such situations.

This is actually quite commonplace. I guess we quickly forget what it was like when we began vaping.

Just as when we began smoking cigarettes, we must adjust to vapor. Harshness, coughing, sore throat. It's all normal, and potential vapors need to know that this will quickly pass after a week or two. Always recommend that they drink plenty of water while they vape; as you know vaping causes some dehydration.

Also educate them on proper vaping techniques. Slow steady puffs into the mouth, inhale if desired, then exhale through the nose to help "taste" the flavors. Also helps to know that inhaling into the lungs is not neccessary to absorb the nicotine, as most is absorbed in the mouth and throat.

Also let them know that the juice carrying devices can be chosen with different resistance which can allow for a "cooler vape" if so desired.

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
That's fantastic!

Well done, and keep spreading the word!

Mostly people who do that are the ones who inhale directly to lungs. Tell them to inhale to mouth and then to lungs, you get better nic absorption too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread