The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A familiar, yet bizzare stop smoking method

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oxygen thief, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Wellbutrin. What is the, maybe, predominant side effect of Wellbutrin? {{{Agitation}}} I've been on psych meds for 30 years and I feel as good as I ever have right now but it's a long road (thank you). Anyway, I tried Wellbutrin on three occasions with different drugs. Every time I tried it I told my doc, this is a great med, but not for me. I knew I was having issues when everyday on the way to work, I flipped the bird at the first and last driver I saw and everyone in between. I was on it for psych issues, OK, not smoking cessation but this was also marketed as a drug to help get off cigarettes. To say it had the opposite effect on me and many others is an understatement. Even if people don't get agitated, I can't, off hand, remember anyone I know that got off cigarettes while on it. Other than that, it's a 'clean' med that works wonders for many psych problems but, like Bill Hicks said, I smoked through two lighters a day.
    Get off my bumper, you jerk!!!!! Speed up idiot! Would you slow down fool?! Use your blinker dumb ...! It's green!!!! {{{HONK}}} Jeez, I arrived at work exhausted. Hi Honey turned into Honey, ......mit. She thought it was her new name! So that's when the idea hit me, Hey, I think I can quit smoking on this. I'll give it a go as soon as run over this ....... in the crosswalk. Dude, the lights GREEN and I'm not falling for that white cane trick!!! I was born at night but not last night, you jerk.
    "Phil, how's that Wellbutrin?" Same as the last two times. "Jail?" Probation but I got off light. "How's that?" Oh, you know, I took a blind mans white walking stick away and beat on the guys hood that was next to me at a red light. "Maybe "we" should get you off of that." "We" already did.

2. amoret

amoret Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    I was originally prescribed it for smoking cessation, but for me it turned out to be the antidepressant that took me, in combination with another, from just getting by to fairly close to what I imagined "normal" to be. It was no help at all for the smoking.

3. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    It's one of the most effective add on drugs ever. Few sexual side effects. Usually, no weight gain. It can take people out of a Paxil stupor and make them feel alive again. A friend has taken it for years and is doing great on it. I exaggerated the story obviously but too much agitation. I'm glad it helped you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.