Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
Hi,

I had the ultramax with res @ 6v on 24mg pure e-liquid for about 2 weeks now and i have 2 major concern.

My first concern is that i have to polish my switch everyday..
The area where the pellet and rod touch gets oxidized very quickly.
I think a little bit of the juice is also getting though to the rod.
Is there any way i can slow down the oxidation and or seal it so juice don't get though without glueing it ?

My second concern is how wet should i get the res to be at near 100% capacity without sucking juice in my mouth?

I drip in to the atti as per instuction and lets the juice goes down.. but then after a few long draws the atti is full of juice and will eventually end up in my mouth....

What i do now after a good fill is to give a good draw to get the atti wet then losen the res from top.
I will then get very very nice vap with out juice in my mouth. Am i doing something wrong or is there another way to around this??

All in all this product is kick ........ I would give is 8/10 if i can resolve these 2 issues it would be easily the best mod on the market...

Thanks in advance.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Hi,

I had the ultramax with res @ 6v on 24mg pure e-liquid for about 2 weeks now and i have 2 major concern.

My first concern is that i have to polish my switch everyday..
The area where the pellet and rod touch gets oxidized very quickly.
I think a little bit of the juice is also getting though to the rod.
Is there any way i can slow down the oxidation and or seal it so juice don't get though without glueing it ?

My second concern is how wet should i get the res to be at near 100% capacity without sucking juice in my mouth?

I drip in to the atti as per instuction and lets the juice goes down.. but then after a few long draws the atti is full of juice and will eventually end up in my mouth....

What i do now after a good fill is to give a good draw to get the atti wet then losen the res from top.
I will then get very very nice vap with out juice in my mouth. Am i doing something wrong or is there another way to around this??

All in all this product is kick ........ I would give is 8/10 if i can resolve these 2 issues it would be easily the best mod on the market...

Thanks in advance.

Hi there Pimpe,

As for your first question, no there is not a lot you can do about that. Because the switch comes apart there is really nothing you can do to prevent the liquid from getting down inside there, and vaping at 6v only speeds that up. We do have new switches that we just came out with that are completely nickel plated and do not come apart so liquid should not be able to get down inside that are where the battery contact touches the atomizer contact. And being nickel plated they oxidize at a much slower rate, much much slower. I would suggest getting one if you are having issues every single day, that should solve a lot of your problems.

As for your second question, here is the best way to use the RES. First off, don't do what it says in the manual, it doesn't work, haha. What you should do is instead of dripping through your atty and then waiting, drip liquid into your atty until it is full to the brim. Then slowly blow through your atty and blow the liquid through the bottom and into the RES. Don't blow too hard or you will get liquid that spills out of the airholes on the outside of the RES. So slowly blow your liquid through the atty down into the RES for about 40 drops. Then top your atty off and you should be good and the RES should be pretty dang full. If you ever come across a situation where you get liquid in your mouth, just blow through your atty again for a few seconds to force the excess liquid back down into the RES. It takes a minute to get it down, but once you do it works like a charm.

Try those and see how it works. I hope after we solve those issues you'll give it a 10/10.

Cheers,
Tony

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Yes the RES was designed around Ultrapure and that stuff is 100% VG and very, very thick. So if you have real thin liquid you will just have to blow the excess back into the RES every couple of draws.

Absolutely. I used a 100% PG juice and it wouldn't stay in the RES. Which is fine with me. Boba's Bounty is my all day vape. I might have to give the ultrapure regular tobacco a try. I've heard good things about it.

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
Absolutely. I used a 100% PG juice and it wouldn't stay in the RES. Which is fine with me. Boba's Bounty is my all day vape. I might have to give the ultrapure regular tobacco a try. I've heard good things about it.

And yes the ultrapure is very nice... good throat hit with 24mg...

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

I guess my opinion is biased because we sell it, but Regular Full flavor is my favorite liquid ever. It's all I use anymore.

i am just about to order a new switch to fix my switch problem.. are all the switches being shipped nickel plated?? Even if i buy the Alpha Atomizer Interface with Switch? Just want to make sure..

Yes all the switches going out from now on are the new nickel plated switches that do not come apart.

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
Ok i think i have fix the problem with juice getting into my mouth.
After reading thought other thread on the ultramax res, i decided to give boiling the res in hot water a try.
I boiled it for around 5 mins and dried it up with a dried it up.
Started filling the atti up with jiuce and blowing it into the res.
after i got all the excess juice back out from blowing, I started vaping.

Surprise... it actually works now...
The thing is that is actually sound different from what it was.
Now i can get like 10ish good long draw with no problem.

BTW just order a new switch...if all goes well then this will become a 10/10 product....

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Ok i think i have fix the problem with juice getting into my mouth.
After reading thought other thread on the ultramax res, i decided to give boiling the res in hot water a try.
I boiled it for around 5 mins and dried it up with a dried it up.
Started filling the atti up with jiuce and blowing it into the res.
after i got all the excess juice back out from blowing, I started vaping.

Surprise... it actually works now...
The thing is that is actually sound different from what it was.
Now i can get like 10ish good long draw with no problem.

BTW just order a new switch...if all goes well then this will become a 10/10 product....

Glad you got it figured out. And the new switches are much better than the old ones. I think you will find you will like it a lot more after you get the new switch installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread