A few questions about high VG mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uselessdreamer1

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Kentucky
Hello! I was wondering what you guys/gals do when you are mixing 80+% of VG in juices? Do you add water? How much? What does the water do for the juice?

Also, I have a full container of EM crystals and I forgot how to mix this into a useable sweetener... On that note, How much sweetner would you reccomend for a 15ml juice?

Thanks!

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Generally speaking, if the mix has between 70-80% VG, I like to add 2% distilled water (DW). I just plug this in as a PG flavoring in my calculator. If there is more VG than 80%, I add enough DW to bring the VG content back down to 80-85%. Say, for example, that I have this recipe -

3% Flavor A (PG)
2% Flavor B (PG)
12% VG Nic Base (12mg/mL end result)
83% VG

This would equate to 95% VG, since the nic is VG as well. Thus, in this particular mix, I would add 10% DW (as a PG flavoring in the calculator) to the VG down to 85%. I typically never go over 10% DW, though, as I've noticed that it can mute certain recipes and pop on the coil a bit more often at high %'s.

I've also stopped using saline solution, as I've found it to be a coil clogger. It does enhance chocolates when used at around 2%, imo, but I've phased it out for the most part in favor of pure DW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread