A few things to know about the Svo Mesto Kayfun 3.1 - nothing to do with coiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've stalked this website for a while now, been vaping for about a year, and recently upgraded to my first RBA, the Svo Mesto Kayfun 3.1.

I watched a lot of tutorials, but there are a few pointers that I didn't see mentioned that I learned the hard way, so if this thread can help anyone avoid a bit of frustration, then... you're welcome. :p

This is for newbies, like me, so if you know everything, then this post probably won't teach you anything new. I found that the tutorials were usually by people who sold the devices and may have been trying to make it look quick and easy, or maybe they were no longer familiar with some of the issues us newbies have yet to face. I LOVE the device and it IS quick and easy... once you get the hang of it. So, here are a few things I found out the hard way:

1) Perhaps some tutorials do mention this, but none of the ones I watched did. The fill valve! Yikes was that thing tricky before I figured it out. I was informed to create a seal around the valve hole, and just give a good squeeze. Juice EVERYWHERE. With the Svo Mesto comes a little bottle with a needle tip. Now the official manual says not to use metal, but this is what works best for me, plus it actually COMES with the device. Inside the fill valve seems to be a tiny spring-loaded ball bearing. You need to insert the needle tip, and press into the fill valve to depress that spring. It's what lets the juice in, and what keeps it from flowing out. Squeeze slowly until you know that your liquid is being received, then you can speed it up a bit, and after that it is super-easy. Filling this way, for me, keeps my device from leaking, flooding, and just plain giving me the problems that I had filling from the top, even when I covered the air holes. I really enjoy being able to fill the tank without having to open it. Very easy indeed. That little needle tip bottle even sucks excess juice out of the valve hole as you release it, so that's pretty cool too. Do this at your own risk, though, because, again, the manual says not to use metal.

2) The connector pin. This was kind of silly on my part, but I'm not a stupid girl and if it happened to me, it may be able to happen to someone else out there. Well, I did my very first build, it looked great. Go to fire it up, aaaand it's reading 'short'. Of course as a newbie, I knew the problem must've been my build, to make a long story short, three builds (and a bunch of tutorials) later, I KNEW my build was flawless. So I took it off, and as it turns out, that little connector pin in the bottom just needed to be screwed a bit. Duh! Like wondering why your computer won't work and it's not plugged in. So, if you're getting a 'short', that's something to check.

3) More about the connector pin or 'Central Pin Screw', if you've read the manual. You will want to do this up pretty tight. After my little fiasco I decided to loosen the pin and just keep it a bit lose, to make better contact, and so I could remove the Collector-tank without my screwdriver (as advised in one of the tutorials). Not a great idea... maybe just for me. I'm running it on a iTaste SVD 2.0, and even though I purposely screw the tank on loose, it seems to tighten up as I use the device. So, in my second fiasco, which I won't describe, I'm trying to take the tank off and it's coming off from above the collector tank, leaving a little open cup of juice sitting on my mod. An open cup of juice which I just can't get off. Lesson learned. Keep that screw tight. Which leads me to my final tip:

4) Keep rubber grips in your build kit. I use a bit of a yoga band, not mat, it's like a flat rubber band, and I cut it into small pieces. I keep two in my kit, so I can grip both sides of what I'm trying to get apart. If my hands are wet, or slick, then the rubber does the work for me. Any piece of flat rubber will do, or possibly even two wide rubber bands.

I have one more tip, and that's not to overfill when using the fill valve. It's pretty easy to do. You will be holding your device on about a 45 degree angle, so it's a good idea to stop when the juice is filling about 1/3 of the glass, do less if you're not sure.

Also emptying the tank. Quickly, the way I do it is to hold it upside down over a container, and unscrew the tank from the base. as soon as the seal is broken, the juice will flow out of the mouthpiece, you may have to tilt it around a bit to get as much out as you can.

So, I hope that one of these tips helps someone, or ideally like, a bunch of people and I become known as the vaping queen and get a bunch of groupies and a national holiday named after me... but I digress. Thank you for reading this and happy vaping!

Oh, and if I'm wrong about anything, or you know a better way, or just want to share whatever, please join in the fun. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread