A few thoughts on the re-launched Boba's Bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
First I'll start by saying that having a bottle of this back in my hands was like a dream come true. I quit smoking with this juice back in May of 2012, so I'm coming up on my 6th year anniversary and Boba's holds a pretty special place in my heart. I was so invested in this juice I created a site that some of the old heads may remember - is-ave-open.info, that scraped the site when it was about to “open" for the day so people could try to be first in line to buy the stuff.

Back then I was vaping on a Provari with punched cartos and a tank, probably 1.5 Ohm and 15 watts, mouth to lung. Juice consumption was about 4-5 ml/day, a 100ml bottle would last all month. Today I'm vaping 0.10 Ohm dual fused claptons, at 80 watts and I blow through a 120ml bottle of Vox Populi a week. I suspect many of the veterans here have the same story to tell.

Now, this relaunch juice, its 100% spot on to me. From the minute I cracked the bottle was clearly Boba's, not a note was missing and it was just like every bottle
I opened in the past.I know there is some discussion about a flavor change that happened in 2013 or so, but I don’t really have much of a recollection of that, Ill concede for the sake of discussion that it did happen and the juice at the time became more "pruny"??, but to me it was very subtly and not really apparent, maybe it was 20 years worth of smoking dulling my tastebuds.

So, if you are reading this thread and wondering if this is the same Boba’s you remember?

It is, 100% the juice you know and love.

Now the sweet tasting clouds of reminiscent past out of my system, and I have vaped a whole tank out of my Aromamizer Supreme already, I’d like to share my view of Boba’s in 2018.

The cons:

1.) Price… Its 2018, juice consumption is double or triple what it was in the days of Egos and CE-4 tanks. The Industry standard for premium juices today is about $20-$25/60ml with advertised NETS being the only thing that are significantly more expensive. Looking at the competitors mentioned in the reddit thread about the relaunch most of the prices are around $20/60ml. But hey, its Boba’s and Ben can price his juices how he wants.

2.) Modern devices, High wattage, multiple coils etc… You are probably going to think this flavor is overpowered. I popped it into an Aromamizer with the same build I run Vox Populi in,
0.10 Ohm fused claptons, 80 watts. The flavor was fine, it was just overpowering, I dialed it back to 50 watts, a level where I wouldn’t even be able to taste Vox, and its much better, not getting the clouds I want though. I would be willing to try a version of this juice with maybe half of the flavor or so?

3.) Can the name be changed at this point without running afoul of the FDA regulations? The name “Boba’s bounty” has been absolutely trashed by that other company, it has absolutely no cachet in todays market other than nostalgia from the people who have vaped it in the distant past. Googling “Boba’s bounty” is not going to make you want to buy this juice if you wind up on a review site. That kind of limits the market to word of mouth from people who can explain the deal with that other company, not a good look.

In conclusion, I’m very happy its back, if nothing else but for the trip down memory lane. Its absence opened the door to a much wider world of vaping for me and I credit it with my quitting smoking. I don’t think at the price point its at it will become my ADV again, but I’m happy I can buy it, and Im happy that a bunch of new people will get a chance to try arguably the best e-liquid ever made.

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
Agree with you on almost everything.

Price is insane on today market, and it is linked to the consumption of juice we have with modern device.

I am more of a MTL vaper and I vaped the 100 ml bottle I got with a doggystyle atomizer and flavor was perfect.

Concerning the name I do not really have an opinion. I would understand the wish of keeping it since this name is now associated to an amazing liquid in many mind.

So yeah really happy that boba is back, but really not happy about the price. And yeah it could seem I am greedy, but I do not see how to do to keep the consumption reasonable for me with modern devices.

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
Concerning the name I do not really have an opinion. I would understand the wish of keeping it since this name is now associated to an amazing liquid in many mind.

The number of old customers who associate Boba's Bounty with an awesome juice can only dwindle, meanwhile for 3+ years that other company has been pumping out absolute s**t with the same name. That juice is what just about everyone post 2015 associates to Boba's Bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread