A ? for people just starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
How much are you willing or wanting to take on? I know every person is different. Quite a few people dive right in. Just buy and try every thing. No way in H could I've done that. Mostly I just wanted my nicotine fix. Having to mess with a bunch of things would've and did piss me off.
My aunt has been having a hard time. She started with a blu and has a couple eGos now. I didn't want to over whelm her, but the setup just isn't doing it for her. Yesterday she stopped by and tried my MVP for a few hours. She likes the hot vape of a 3 ohm cartomizer at 5v :) I even put an eGo cone on it ( hotter draw). She doesn't like filling cartos though. So I kept it topped off. I don't want to discourage her. Buying more stuff and learning new gear isn't fun for everyone. For some it's just to much of a pain compared to lighting up. I would like to help her avoid that. Please share :)

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
Sadly there isn't a solution to your problem. If you want the better experience you need to learn this stuff. Its like getting a new computer because your want better performance and more options for software, you still need to learn your OS, your system specs, what software is compatible with your rig.

Sadly if she wants something like an MVP (which isn't a complicated mod) and a carto set up she'll have to learn how to do it on her own. If maybe she can learn one thing at a time she may not feel so overwhelmed since it is a LOT to take in but honestly I think she'll enjoy it much for if she can ease into it at her own pace and find what works for her. Just either answer what questions she has or point her in the right direction if its something you can't, that's what I've been doing for my friends and I think that's helped them much more than me dropping a 20 page printout and saying "well, there ya go."

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I had to figure it out as I went since I didn't have anyone around who was vaping. That was hard. Best possible thing she can have is someone close who cares enough to watch out for her and guide her. Set her up with a system that you know well so you can instruct her in the fine points on an ongoing basis. The systems you've mentioned aren't that difficult.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
I had to figure it out as I went since I didn't have anyone around who was vaping. That was hard. Best possible thing she can have is someone close who cares enough to watch out for her and guide her. Set her up with a system that you know well so you can instruct her in the fine points on an ongoing basis. The systems you've mentioned aren't that difficult.
I didn't have anyone around either. Since I am an obsessive weirdo...reading and asking lots of questions was fun. The thrill of opening vape mail boxes filled with stuff I'd never seen before, equalled tons of fun.
Some of my friends and family hit the ground running. Others have a harder time. Get frustrated or hit hickups and would rather smoke. Meh, hopefully the new clearo I ordered for her will help.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I should print that out in it's entirety. The holy book of e cigs ;)
Nice thing is...it was written by people just where the noobs are and DID the buying of this, and that, and this and that then decided...ok...time to help OTHER people not make the mistakes I made

Variable voltage is a nice option to have. Especially when you're having a hard time finding LR juice delivery. At least you can adjust your device for a higher resistance if needed :)
VV is just a stepping stone to an APV which does VW

VV is a manual way to adjust the power thru the coil...VW does it FOR you!!! ;)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
It is him, the one foretold in the prophesies. The bringer of knowledge and happy vaping for all.

Thanks man, didn't even know about that. Glad I was still awake to catch that post.

tumblr_lrba3kZrSY1qhrq0p.gif

Mrs. G

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I jumped in with both feet. I want to try everything,see everything etc. My husband, not so much. I finally got him to at least try vaping. He only vapes in the car because I don't allow smoking in it or in the house. I got him an ego Twist and he really likes it. He doesn't want anything else. He has the control he wants without a lot of messing around to get his nicotine. The only think I was allowed to change for him was that I switched out his clearos for evod bccs. He really likes those better but wasn't thrilled with filling them until I got him a blunt needle syringe.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I still say one of the easiest devices for a new user to fill and figure out is any of the Kanger bottom coil clearos. No filler to saturate while trying to avoid vent tubes at the same time. It's clear - no guesswork as to if it's properly filled or not. And being bottom coil if there is liquid in there it just works. A 3.5 ml T3s can last her an entire 24 hours between fills, depending on how much she vapes. You could fill up 7 clearos for her and neither of you would have to do a thing for an entire week. If she already has a fixed voltage eGo you can try different resistance replaceable coils as low as 1.8 ohms to get her what she wants. The coils last longer than cartos and don't cost any more than cartos.

The only down side might be slightly less flavor than a carto setup. But everyone has to pick their tradeoffs in this game.

Last edited:

chapeltown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
United States
I still say one of the easiest devices for a new user to fill and figure out is any of the Kanger bottom coil clearos. No filler to saturate while trying to avoid vent tubes at the same time. It's clear - no guesswork as to if it's properly filled or not. And being bottom coil if there is liquid in there it just works. A 3.5 ml T3s can last her an entire 24 hours between fills, depending on how much she vapes. You could fill up 7 clearos for her and neither of you would have to do a thing for an entire week. If she already has a fixed voltage eGo you can try different resistance replaceable coils as low as 1.8 ohms to get her what she wants. The coils last longer than cartos and don't cost any more than cartos.

The only down side might be slightly less flavor than a carto setup. But everyone has to pick their tradeoffs in this game.

I second this motion. You should be able to keep her with the ego. Get the Bottom coil clearomizers!!!!!!! I did cartomizers for a week and a half, thought I was going to lose my mind. If you can get several clearos, you can go over to her house, show her how to fill them up, and set her up with two or three that are ready to go. When you think she will be running out, go back over, fill again, and maybe (if her manual dexterity is good), get her to do one.
Two words of advice:
Before you put the clearo back together, use a q-tip to make sure your air shaft and connecting pieces are not wet with juice. Then when you have it screwed back together, blow through (like you would with a carto, napkin under) to catch/clear out any juice that might have gotten in the air shaft. Dry the bottom, screw on to your ego, and you are good to go!
~~honestly. Clearos saved me. And as far as reduced flavor, I haven't had much of an issue, but I get most of my juice from ecblendflavors and get extra flavor shots.
Hope this helps!!!

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
VV is a manual way to adjust the power thru the coil...VW does it FOR you!!! ;)
Meh.

I use an Ego Twist, and I change the voltage frequently even though I only use one delivery device.
My delivery device is a standard 510 atomizer, and has been for four years now.

A little while ago I was vaping some Vaperite Perique, maxed out at 4.8 volts.
Then I switched to some Halo Voodoo and turned it down to 4.3 volts.

The Variable Voltage vs Variable Wattage argument only applies to those who switch delivery devices that have different resistances.
If you don't do that, it doesn't matter if you use variable voltage or variable wattage.
:)

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Meh.

I use an Ego Twist, and I change the voltage frequently even though I only use one delivery device.
My delivery device is a standard 510 atomizer, and has been for four years now.

A little while ago I was vaping some Vaperite Perique, maxed out at 4.8 volts.
Then I switched to some Halo Voodoo and turned it down to 4.3 volts.

The Variable Voltage vs Variable Wattage argument only applies to those who switch delivery devices that have different resistances.
If you don't do that, it doesn't matter if you use variable voltage or variable wattage.
:)

The whole vv vs vw debate..to each their own. That entire thing is lost on me. Kind of like fighting over the American standard vs Metrics. At some point I might give vw a try just to see what the bfd is until then....meh I am to lazy to bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread