A Funny Newbie Problem... I hope I'm Not the First to Do It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
So, I was vaping on my new Inferno on the way to work. All is well until I go to take another hit and my "drip tip" decided to become a straw which caused me to suck in all the juice from my tank. I was pretty sure I was going to die to from nicotine poisioning or running into a guardrail on I-5. Therefore, I just spit out everything in my mouth right on to the floor board. I don't think I will ever be able to smell cotton candy again without thinking of my near death experience.

I have no idea what happened but, my guess it has something to do with NOT using the little clear elastic ring packaged with the tube tank. Would I be correct?

:drool:

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
That sounds a horrible experience!! I don't often use a drip tip but something like that would put me right off. I use clearo's and rarely get even a bit of liquid in my mouth. I love vaping the juices but not drinking them. Lucky u didn't have an accident!! Cheers and hope your vaping is incident free in future.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
The carto in your tank flooded with juice and had nowhere else to go but up thru the drip tip and into your mouth. Drawing too hard can cause that with carto tanks, not filling properly can also force too much juice into the carto from the tank. I don't use Volcano ecigs products so can't comment on whatever you didn't use, their forum would probably be better able to answer that question.

Glad you spit it out, nic liquid is nasty tasting no matter how good it tastes when vaporized ;) Glad you didn't hit anything as a result of the experience.

dragonet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
brasil
joining the conversation and giving my guess
I think that liquid flow the mouth is the vapor condensation that forms on the mouthtip. droplets that are in a moment, a stronger drag, flow into the mouth.
I always wash and dry the mouthtip from time to time.
cond807.jpg

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I can see it now. The dangers of vaping while driving.

At least it was only ejuice in your mouth. I remember a few times when I used analogs and the cherry would fall off. If it hit the floor, no biggie. I would pull over ASAP and put it out. However, there were a few instances where it would fall in my crotch area 8-o That happened once and I didn't realize it until, well...my "man parts" started getting very hot. :evil: Of course panic set in and I really couldn't wait to pull over ;) and in the process of trying to extinguish it, I ran off the road and very nearly hit a tree.

Thanks to ecigs, I no longer have burn marks on my car seat or my floorboard. Also, no worries about setting my crotch on fire.

(Sorry about any mental postcards about my "man-parts" :blink:. Please feel free to return to sender :mail: )

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
Hey Shy De, As another RN I would think they would be well advised to switch to vaping too. Retired now but I can remember clearing up Dr's butts from bedside tables and charge sisters smoking in the loo which was pretty objectionable!! :) How times have changed. You ever vape in the group? Good luck with your vaping!

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Sounded like a flooded cart. Make sure your battery is charged well. If not, you are sucking juice into your atty with no power to heat it up. Done that more times than I care to remember. Threw out a few carts before their time too, I'm sure. Whatever you do, if you blow out, don't blow too hard. You will blow all the juice out of your tank and cart.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
I've done that with Carto's, Clearomizers, Atomizers and Genisis type atomizers myself. Never a pleasent experience but not nearly as bad as the alternative.
I remember when I'd let a Cig get down to that point, ya know, down to the filter...one inhale and burnt fiberglass would get down in to your lungs...a feeling that didn't go away for sometimes days afterwards.
The alternative is much safer, cleaner and overall works wonders. I'm glad you spit that out though, rebuilding atomizers I can vouch that you don't need to drink E-Liquid. Oddly enough sometimes the condensation will taste harsh as well, it has very little nic. in it but any flavoring left over lingers...

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Hey Shy De, As another RN I would think they would be well advised to switch to vaping too. Retired now but I can remember clearing up Dr's butts from bedside tables and charge sisters smoking in the loo which was pretty objectionable!! :) How times have changed. You ever vape in the group? Good luck with your vaping!

Vape in the group? On this site or at work? If meaning at work the percentage of people who actually smoke anymore in our hospital is so small. Probably much larger if they came out of the closet. They get in their cars and drive around once in awhile or chew the nicotine gum. My charge nurse is happy as hell with me vaping at work. I no longer take breaks and I
He doesn't have to smell anything but fruit flavors anymore. I work at night so employees are the only people who actually witness this. I have converted one girl since my change over who was secretively smoking. I don't know how she got away with it cause the smell was quite obvious.
Times have changed. A doc wanting to clean up anything personal would get my polite kiss my @55.. You should come back... You may like it!!!

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
At least it was only ejuice in your mouth. I remember a few times when I used analogs and the cherry would fall off. If it hit the floor, no biggie. I would pull over ASAP and put it out. However, there were a few instances where it would fall in my crotch area 8-o That happened once and I didn't realize it until, well...my "man parts" started getting very hot. :evil: Of course panic set in and I really couldn't wait to pull over ;) and in the process of trying to extinguish it, I ran off the road and very nearly hit a tree.

Thanks to ecigs, I no longer have burn marks on my car seat or my floorboard. Also, no worries about setting my crotch on fire.

(Sorry about any mental postcards about my "man-parts" :blink:. Please feel free to return to sender :mail: )

Well I smoked for 20 years so I have set my hair on fire a couple times. :) and this while driving. You know you have an addiction when you take this type of bodily harm in stride... Especially for you. Any harm to man parts is a horrific concept :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread