Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
So, I hang with my co-workers that smoke while on breaks or lunch. One chick asks everyone for a lighter, I proudly say "I don't have one, sorry." So she says, "Oh yeah, you're a non lighter carrying smoker." THREE people yelled at once, "It's VAPOR!!" They're all smokers, so I thought it was awesome.

:vapor:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
It's funny, I don't usually vape with the smokers, but when I did, I felt like a minor celebrity. Everyone knew who I was (the weird dude with the thingie that smokes, but it's not smoke it's vapor) and everyone wanted to talk about it...

I think smokers are the easiest people to educate, after all, we were them a few months back. They want to know what you are doing, how it works and why it's not the same as smoking.

There is nothing like converting your first smoker to vaping. Sounds like you are well on your way to getting there.

Great story.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
So, I hang with my co-workers that smoke while on breaks or lunch. One chick asks everyone for a lighter, I proudly say "I don't have one, sorry." So she says, "Oh yeah, you're a non lighter carrying smoker." THREE people yelled at once, "It's VAPOR!!" They're all smokers, so I thought it was awesome.

:vapor:
Winning hearts and minds one puff at a time!

Either that or they are plotting against you and hate your guts...nah...they're just jealous :D

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
Every time I'm with smoking friends they always pelt me with the same questions. Does it work? How much does it cost? I've heard they can explode...?
I give them all the answers and push them to get an eGo and Clearo at the local tobacco shop and I'd hook them up with juices. They never do, instead just ask the same questions :confused: I don't necessarily hang out with the brightest bunch though.
Although....my smoker coworkers are the same way now that I think about it...

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Two of my co-workers saw me vaping outside in the smoking area, so I gave them my spiel - "It's not smoke, it's vapor, and the crumby disposables available everywhere just ain't powerful enough."

Both wanted to quit (duh!!!), and both went back to their cubes and ordered starter kits.

One quit completely, and the other is down to 5 analogs per day.

Next project is my brother, followed by (or in tandem with) my sister-in-law. I doubt I'll run out of smokers any time soon.

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
I had a guy ask for one, when I said "Sorry man, don't have one" and started vapping, he looked at me like I was a lier.

Had this happen the other day. Got off the train and started vaping. Women behind me comes running up asking for a cigarette. Told her I didn't have any, this was electronic and she gave me a weird look and then assumed I was smoking an illegal substance. Tried to correct her, but she still didn't understand the concept.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I'm so happy that I won't HAVE to go outside and freeze my tail off to get nicotine anymore. I'll visit with smoking friends outside but I won't HAVE to if I don't want to.

Hear, hear. It's starting to get cold here in New York and I love that I don't have to go outside to get my nic fix. And if I do happen to be outside, I can vape without removing my gloves. Take it from me, that doesn't work too well with a cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread