A higher quality clearomizer that does not fall apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Trust me. I have taken many CE2 cartos apart. I just don't know anyone who takes them apart to "torch" them. BTW - What happens to that Heat Shrink tubing on the cup to the air tube when that 1,800 degree torch hits it.

I have seen people pull the wicks up out of a carto for cleaning.

These are Very Long threads but you might check them out some time when you have nothing to do. There kinda a Part One and a Part Two of all things CE2

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...13951-e2-cartomizer-technical-discussion.html
(E2 Carotimzers Rev"1" and CE2 Cartomizers Rev"1"-thru-Rev"4")

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...kers-c-e2-r4-review-tips-info-help-video.html
(CE2 Cartomizers Rev"4")

What I mean by industrial politics is, just because you want to use a particular part or material to build a product, it doesn't mean that you can get your hands on it. It might be politics (powerful people BLOCKING you, or creating impossibly expensive 'delays' in getting parts/materials that you want), it might be price, it might be a simple shortage of supply. The point is...when building a factory to make products...it's kind of rare for everyone to get what they want in the final product. All sorts of interests at play.

No, I haven't seen a CE3.

You could be correct. But understand that the materials I am refering to are readily avaliable.

Perhaps also you do not understand who the "Martinez" is I am refering to.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Trust me. I have taken many CE2 cartos apart. I just don't know anyone who takes them apart to "torch" them. BTW - What happens to that Heat Shrink tubing on the cup to the air tube when that 1,800 degree torch hits it.

[snip]

Perhaps also you do not understand who the "Martinez" is I am refering to.

I cracked all my older ones 'before fat wicks' open and torched them before use...it usually took me about 5 minutes each (the first time I did it took a while).

I did not hit the black shrink-wrap with direct heat....just the wicks and across the coils.

On Martinez...no, I do not know him. I have no need to know him...good or bad. I'm not a dealer or investor in any kind of e-cig products, I just buy and use some of it, and enjoy watching the young industry grow and sort itself out.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
You could be correct. But understand that the materials I am refering to are readily avaliable.

So was steel when Tucker decided to make a car...
All the sudden no one would sell him any! His first and last production run was made from 'scrap' smuggled in from Japan! A few phone calls from a few powerful folks to steel providers around the country...and Tucker literally had to get everything from junk-yards and under the table deals that Senators, competing CEOs, and the like couldn't block as easily.

And modern companies still face this kind of mess...in every country on the planet. It's not as easy as it seems.......

By no means do I advocate continuing to buy stuff you don't like or won't use.
The company does offer metal ones as something of an honorable out for the bad plastic in the clearos. They've struggled with getting those cleaned up and working better as they went. Not perfect clean-ups, but reasonable attempts to stay alive as a company.

So the bottom line is...if you like the way a CE2 vapes, but hate the cracking of the plastic clearos, we can mod them...go metal, or abandon the CE2 and use something else. I hear other companies are starting to copy cat the CE2 now. That should get competition stirred up and lead to some much better stuff.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
On Martinez...no, I do not know him. I have no need to know him...good or bad. I'm not a dealer or investor in any kind of e-cig products, I just buy and use some of it, and enjoy watching the young industry grow and sort itself out.

I think if you understood who Martinez is and what type of mentality he possess you would understand the CE2 situation better.

I think we are starting to stray from the OP a bit to. Perhaps this would be a good topic for a New thread.

___

The OP question. Is there a Clearomizer that doesn't fall apart?

Perhaps. I know of a New Clearomizer that has received very promising reviews.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/197874-vision-clearo-preview-cause-you-asked.html

GotVapes VISION Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Cartomizer 1 Piece [gv-visionclearomizer-3.5ml] - $7.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

They are a bit pricey but as you can see, they don't seem to have the problems that the CE2's have. I have only used one so I can hardly say what the statistical quality of a them are. But based on my evaluation, and the reviews of other members, I would say that they are a winner. Like I said, a bit pricey but I foresee the price dropping in the future.

BTW - There are many fixes to Clearomizers who's tubes fall off. Flip the Tube. EcoGlue. Teflon Tape. Heat Shrink. Tube Melt. Etc...

Still don't understand what was meant by "Dead. No Repair"?

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
snip

The OP question. Is there a Glamorizer that doesn't fall apart?

BTW - There are many fixes to Clearomizers who's tubes fall off. Flip the Tube. Eco Glue. Teflon Tape. Heat Shrink. Tube Melt. Etc...

Still don't understand what was meant by "Dead. No Repair"?

I will check that site. Thanks. Dead, no repair means that I tried to re-attach the plastic barrel onto the cartridge, and there are several ways to do this. But the atty part would never heat again. Ergo: dead.

In the meantime, last night I was very very very slowly and carefully threading clearo #3 [of 5]. I am so gentle and tender with my clearos, but the instant the two devices made contact [the atty to the Bart] the plastic barrel kept moving. It 'stripped'. Even though it only moved a tiny distance, something happened and it no longer heat up.

Three down, and I have two left.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know what brand it is,but I got a "here try this" from my favorite juice vendor(VS) the other day. It doesn't come apart on me, doesn't leak, good price($7.50 per 5) & has a killer throat hit, but I don't think I like 'em just cuz they look gross after a few hours. Honestly, I don't like the way they look empty. BL, not for me : /

So after using it for 3 days : works great , looks gross.

Simple, honest review

I'm gonna stick to Boges for now.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
zoiDman,

My personal experience with VISION. . .exact same problems as with C-E2 Clearo's. My first VISION coil died after 4 days of use. Granted, when I use a carto I use it. . .pretty much constantly over my weekends. They, (VISION), holds approx 3.5mL juice. I fill it 3 times a day on weekends. My second VISION. . .developed a star shaped fracture near the DT end, I suppose from my high Cinnamon content juice. No fear. . .kept on vaping. Then, it developed cracks around the connector fitting. Then it started leaking. Eventually, so bad it became unstable and not usable. Third VISION, same thing, cracks around connector end. I ordered 8 VISION cartos. One in first order, the second day. . .I jumped the gun and placed order for seven more. Then day four came around and VISION one died. Crappo. I haven't found a 5 mL syringe that the VISION guts fit tightly enough into to seal properly. My quick. . .temporary fix, has been to use half inch clear heat shrink tubing around the original VISION tank. This has lasted the past four nights work shifts. VISION has developed cracks around the connector end, but the shrink tube has kept it stable w/no leaks. . .so far. If I can get the damned things to last 7 days. . .I imagine I'd think they were reasonable, cost wise, to use fulltime. I'm a stubborn old fart. I won't change to another juice. And, I demand to use a clear tank. Also, I require at least 3.5 mL capacity to last a work shift. I really thought VISION was going to be the stock, out of the box, answer. Maybe it will be. . .if my clear shrink tube holds up. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They never worked for me either

HOWEVER... I have been following a thread on Gotvapes lately that sounds promising. (The company that makes the clearos is the problem. Not the vendor). Appearantly some other companies are now jumping into the mix and making their own versions of the filter-less cartos. They are reported to be better.

Here is one of those new products you mentioned.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...phire-bud-tank-atomizer-system-now-stock.html

GotVapes Sapphire Hybrid 1.5ml Tank System 510 2.5ohm - 2 Pack [gv-sapphirehybridtank510-2pk] - $6.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

They are Brand New so of course they are sold out. But that isn't a bad thing because I like to wait until I hear some user reviews. Orders have been shipped so the reviews should start coming in soon.

I can see two things about the Sapphire that I like though...

sapphire2.png

1) The tube material appears to be the same or similar to the BD syringe.

2) The tech for filling them is Tool-Less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread