A letter to the manufactur and anyone else wanting to purchase from Innovapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
On behalf of my upset friend...

Don’t waste your money on the Apex UltraMax…or for that matter, with InnoVapor!!! I purchased two UltraMax e-cigs from InnoVapor less than a year ago, and after spending $428.78 I’m left with two worthless e-cig mod’s and have gone back to the Joye e-Go. The fist UltraMax lasted less than 10 months before ending up in the trash because the failure of the unit was somehow NOT covered by the 10-year warranty. And when the second one failed this week, I was told by InnoVapor to send it back (at my expense) and if there was so much as a scratch on it, it will most likely NOT be covered by Apex (the manufacturer). InnoVapor stated that this was out of their hands and was up to Apex, and they would have to abide by the findings of the manufacturer. I found this to be less than truthful (and acceptable) as it was InnoVapor that I purchased from…not Apex. Do yourself a favor and find a better e-cig mod to buy, and a better company to do business with.

Michael C.
Gold Canyon, AZ

For his loss I'm sending him my Provari in a care package.

10yearWarrantyInvalid.jpg

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
On behalf of my upset friend...

Don’t waste your money on the Apex UltraMax…or for that matter, with InnoVapor!!! I purchased two UltraMax e-cigs from InnoVapor less than a year ago, and after spending $428.78 I’m left with two worthless e-cig mod’s and have gone back to the Joye e-Go. The fist UltraMax lasted less than 10 months before ending up in the trash because the failure of the unit was somehow NOT covered by the 10-year warranty. And when the second one failed this week, I was told by InnoVapor to send it back (at my expense) and if there was so much as a scratch on it, it will most likely NOT be covered by Apex (the manufacturer). InnoVapor stated that this was out of their hands and was up to Apex, and they would have to abide by the findings of the manufacturer. I found this to be less than truthful (and acceptable) as it was InnoVapor that I purchased from…not Apex. Do yourself a favor and find a better e-cig mod to buy, and a better company to do business with.

Michael C.
Gold Canyon, AZ

For his loss I'm sending him my Provari in a care package.

View attachment 91535

Yes may I also know what "failures" you are speaking of. 99% of the time it is the customer not understanding the device rather than the device failing. The only thing that I can think of by reading your post is that the RES was broken. Apex will only warranty broken RES's due to a manufacturing defect, not personal damage. That being said, if there are no visible signs of damage to the top cap of the RES, then it will be covered under warranty. Most times when people won't send their RES back its not because of our "unacceptable customer service", it is because they know they broke it and its not a manufacturing defect. If your friend did not break it and it shows no signs of him breaking it then there should be no problem with it being replaced. We can only warranty what Apex will warranty us.

On another note, that is a very nice package that you are sending him!

Void

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
Yes of course it’s the ceramic disk in the RES…and this is exactly what you said when I called the other day. What I didn’t appreciate was that you were fine with the fact that I would be without my devise for up to a month while Apex made their determination. After spending nearly $500 dollars with your company, I would think that the least you could do was look up my account (like I asked you to) and see that when this happened before (after just two months of use), I in fact did return the RES to you as I said I would. You also know that Apex changed their warranty/replacement policy AFTER I purchased from you…and to be honest, the warranty was a consideration in my purchase decision. In lieu of the above, I think you could of and should have been a little more accommodating. And furthermore, with all of the issues you have had with the ceramic disk breaking it seems obvious to many (except maybe you and Apex) that the design of the RES is at the very least, highly flawed. Bottom-line, you had your chance to offer an acceptable level of customer service regarding this issue, and you failed…and I thought people should know.

Michael C.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Yes of course it’s the ceramic disk in the RES…and this is exactly what you said when I called the other day. What I didn’t appreciate was that you were fine with the fact that I would be without my devise for up to a month while Apex made their determination. After spending nearly $500 dollars with your company, I would think that the least you could do was look up my account (like I asked you to) and see that when this happened before (after just two months of use), I in fact did return the RES to you as I said I would. You also know that Apex changed their warranty/replacement policy AFTER I purchased from you…and to be honest, the warranty was a consideration in my purchase decision. In lieu of the above, I think you could of and should have been a little more accommodating. And furthermore, with all of the issues you have had with the ceramic disk breaking it seems obvious to many (except maybe you and Apex) that the design of the RES is at the very least, highly flawed. Bottom-line, you had your chance to offer an acceptable level of customer service regarding this issue, and you failed…and I thought people should know.

Michael C.

I'm sorry but I don't answer the phones, so it must have been someone else that answered. Now concerning the return of the RES to us, that has been the policy for quite some time now. We tried to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt to return their broken RES to us after we sent them a new one (in an enclosed prepaid envelope that we sent them). But when 95% of them never made it back, it was clear to us that we could no longer do that, and that people would have to send their broken one back first before we sent them a replacement. It's a shame that the bad apples have to ruin it for the whole bunch, but that is just the way it is. And again, we can only warranty what Apex will warranty us.

As far as issues with the ceramic breaking, that is due to user damage, not a flaw in the design. We will be the first to come out an tell you that the ceramic is very fragile and you have to be very careful with it. I mean it is a piece of ceramic, not steel. Besides, it is an e-cig that is used for vaping, not something designed to be dropped and thrashed all the time. I am sorry that you feel our customer service is unacceptable and people should know, but I would also like people to know that this has been our policy for a while now and most others can understand where we are coming from. So if you would like to send the RES back to us and there is no damage to it, we will gladly send you a replacement upon the arrival of yours.

Void

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
I'm sorry but I don't answer the phones, so it must have been someone else that answered. Now concerning the return of the RES to us, that has been the policy for quite some time now. We tried to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt to return their broken RES to us after we sent them a new one (in an enclosed prepaid envelope that we sent them). But when 95% of them never made it back, it was clear to us that we could no longer do that, and that people would have to send their broken one back first before we sent them a replacement. It's a shame that the bad apples have to ruin it for the whole bunch, but that is just the way it is. And again, we can only warranty what Apex will warranty us.

As far as issues with the ceramic breaking, that is due to user damage, not a flaw in the design. We will be the first to come out an tell you that the ceramic is very fragile and you have to be very careful with it. I mean it is a piece of ceramic, not steel. Besides, it is an e-cig that is used for vaping, not something designed to be dropped and thrashed all the time. I am sorry that you feel our customer service is unacceptable and people should know, but I would also like people to know that this has been our policy for a while now and most others can understand where we are coming from. So if you would like to send the RES back to us and there is no damage to it, we will gladly send you a replacement upon the arrival of yours.

Funny, I can tell you the exact date (June 01, 2011) that I purchased these worthless UltraMax e-cigs kits from you, but for some reason you can’t tell me when your replacement policy (regarding the ceramic disk) actually changed…probably because it would prove my point. There’s that sorry excuse for customer service I’ve come to expect. And the part about “we can only warranty what Apex will warranty us”...total lie, you can refund/replace/or otherwise warranty my purchase however you want, and of course you choose not to…instead, you blame some bad apples!?! GOOD ONE..

And really, my e-cig is “not something designed to be dropped and thrashed all the time”…Thanks for clearing that up for me! And just so you know, the most this e-cig has suffered is having been tipped over on my desk a couple of times, and if the RES can’t handle that, I’m sorry but the design is HIGHLY flawed. Again, thanks for your laughable attempt to explain your lack of desire to stand behind your product.

Michael C.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
"All products on this website are consumable and will eventually need replacing after a length of time depending on usage and treatment. Estimations of product performance and duration are based on factory specifications. InnoVapor, LLC makes no claims to the actual performance and duration the Customer may experience with these products. InnoVapor, LLC offers only products we believe are of high quality. Our ultimate goal is to provide you, our Customer, with products and service to exceed your expectations."

http://www.innovapor.com/terms-and-conditions

That is straight from our terms and conditions, which anyone who places an order agrees to. And as far as a new ceramic is concerned, like I have said before, you will have to ask Apex Vapor as they are the manufacturer, not InnoVapor. You can email anthony@apexvapor if you would like to know more.

And as I have also stated before, if there was a flaw in your ceramic and it in fact was not broken due to user damage, I have no idea what the problem is with sending it back for warranty. Unless you did in fact drop it to break it. If you are upset about having to send it back before it gets warrantied, I am sorry but that is also in our terms and conditions that you agreed to before placing your order.

Last edited:

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I don't see any due respect from your posts at all, and I for one, as a customer of Innovapor and a member of ECF am annoyed at your account created just to try and stir up trouble on this board and in particular this suppliers subforum.

I am honestly amazed that someone is sitting here saying they didn't realize that CERAMIC is fragile and breaks if you don't take care of it.

If it was a manufacturing defect, and not broken due to carelessness of the owner/user, you have already been offered several times (in this thread, and I'm sure in private email/PM exchanges) to send it back to the manufacturer to have it warrantied. This is standard practice in this day and age with just about all online vendors and most brick and mortar stores that stock manufactured products.

So, from your continued posts about this subject, I can only assume that you:

a. Were ignorant of what ceramic is (despite having a tool like the internet available to you to do research on the material which would take all of 3 minutes)
b. This is your first online purchase and possibly your first purchase of any product anywhere

In which case, I can understand why you are confused and upset.

:facepalm:

innoent

Apr 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
And so there goes your proof of what they say about assuming. BTW...Please show me ONE instance of me saying that I "didn't realize that CERAMIC is fragile and breaks if you don't take care of it." My AlphaMax has been very well taken care of (but apparently you know differently). And this is not the first time my RES has broken, and if you really cared about the truth, you might have seen Innovapor's admission that the design is at least flawed (see below):

"The ceramic that the RES is made out of is pretty fragile. They are bound to break at some point. We are working on a new ceramic to make the RES's out of that should be much stronger."

If posting my experience of poor product quality and even poorer customer service is considered stirring up trouble, I am sorry for that. To be fair, I tried to rectify the situation with Innovapor directly, and even tried to leave product feedback on their site (where I spent nearly $500) but when I saw that they filtered all feedback and product reviews I choose to share my experience(s) here. So I guess that makes me SUCH THE TROUBLE MAKER!?!

And lastly, please do tell how many UltraMax e-cig's you own?!?

Last edited:

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
I own the complete line of the Apec alphe , none the ceramic have broken because i just dont drop mine and i carefully place it back if i take it out by these im not saying that is your fault its broken and IF the ceramic brakes inside for whatever reason im pretty sure the guys at apex will send you a replace aslong you send the broken one :) Why ? Because lot of people asked for replace but never sent there "broken" one.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I'll just go ahead and copy and paste my reply to your other thread.

Now I am just starting to laugh. Obviously you just have a personal vendetta against us at InnoVapor because you realized you broke your RES and it was not a manufacturing defect and it won't be covered by warranty and you just want to try and personally attack us and make us look as unprofessional as possible due to no other justified cause. I am finished with arguing with you, feel free to post whatever else you want, other customers can look at our conversations and judge for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread