Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I couldnt sleep last night so did this. I always loved Jeff's "Fog Nub" and have made some "Fog Log" Clones in the past but while searching thru extra pieces of garage junk, I found some cool stuff and decided to make an all mechanical Fog Nub Clone :D

I used copper pipe/end caps, 510 connector, springs, a little metal piece I have no idea what was for, a copper flathead nail (I found it near "welding Pins" in the hardware store n thought it was neat a while back), a silicone gasket from a connector and a piece of rubber. For tools I used a vice, dremel and drill. It was super easy and vapes great!

I love tinkering and making things and since I have alot of mods Ive both bought and made that have electrical switches, I was excited to make an all mechanical mod. Its not something Id go out on the town with and definately wouldnt replace my Chucks, but it was super fun to make and it vapes like a champ!!! :thumbs:

First, i drilled my holes in top n bottom, press fit on connector and add 3 turns worth of a spring to the neg outer ring of atty connector under the cap.

IMG00818.jpg

IMG00819.jpg

Then I put the copper pin thru the center of rubber piece and slide in one end, flat head towards batt compartment and to make sure the rubber didnt let the pin slide out I added the silicone gasket to the tip of the pin to hold it where it came out of the rubber piece.

IMG00820.jpg

Heres the inside of tube..

IMG00806.jpg

Then, put spring on metal piece and dropped it in hole in other endcap.

IMG00804.jpg

Assembled it...

IMG00795.jpg

Added 2 cr123's and a atty and was in modding heaven!:w00t::cool::thumbs:

IMG00797.jpg

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Crash
You amaze me...spitting out those ...uhmmm...technical words...and all....recessed and negative and gasket and well....you get the idea....My understanding of this is well....like reading hieroglyphics..I put batteries in..I push button...it vapes...same as a car....put gas in....turn key, press gas pedal and go......dremmels...presses....does Louis Vuitton make them? Gucci? Prada?...Dunno....will leave this ....modding stuff to you pros...I will....but if you need someone to press the button and vape it...I will volunteer a test run....just saying...it is a dirty job, but someone has to do it....just sayin...just an offer....I would help you out...:)....:)...;)

Great Job smarty pants...LOL

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Crash, you are one clever little girl. Most impressive. Society has always had a vision of how girls and women should be, it's a load of crap. I tell my daughter that there is nothing she can't do and don't ever depend on a man to fulfill your needs or take care of you. Out of all four of my children, she is the one that works on the cars with me, helped me rewire some of the rooms in our house, do plumbing repairs etc. My boys were simply not interested. Girls Rock!!

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks guys! I have killer insomnia and just like to see what I can come up with! :)

Most of the time I do mosaic tiling and havent made any ecig mods in a while...It was fun! :D

Too bad you don't have a CNC or a milling machine... you could design your own MOD easy and open up your own company.. since you are so inclined!! I was thinking to myself of doing that very thing but I could picture the FDA forcing a full ban..... So, until this thing pans out... I will wait ever so patient til the Idiots in Washington make up there minds!!!

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Oh my, I would love to have those kinds of toys! BUT-the selling aspect definately wouldnt work for me...My attention span is so small it could prob fit in ur atty adapter! :lol: I like making somethinng once or twice, then I get bored and want to move on to another project ;) If I had those kinds of machines Id prob build so much useless crap Id have to do a yardsale every weekend to make more room, ha! :lol:

Im more of the make this one day , something else the next kinda gal....but I HAVE started thinking of making the mosaic tiling stuff for sale on line, just gotta make more....it takes me about a week to make one piece so its just so hard to part with tho! I have made plant stands, frames, mirror frames, picture boxes, lil benches and steps for my niece and nephews....I love making stuff for family bc I know it will stay on the family. I know I could sell the stuff for good money but .....but....Id never see it again and thats the hard part ;)

I dont know how Jeff does it! He makes these great pieces of art and sells them off....I know he can always make more but it MUST be hard watching the postman leave with all his hard work everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread