A little about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemesha key

Dec 13, 2015
Hello I'm meme a single mother of 5 little ones yes 5 I have been wanting to buy a new tank and mod box but I can afford it im not asking for any hand outs or anything but lately I seem to be going back to smoking cigarettes I hate it yes but the tank and mod I have is not all that great and I don't think my nic level is high enough oan Im 26 im a LIBRA my favorite color is purple and im on here because im new to vaping and I want to learn all about it

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The iStick 30 watt & Kanger Aerotank Mega is a very good setup.

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I prefer 50/50. To high VG coats my lungs with phlegm.

Some people can react negatively to either PG or VG and choose a different ratio. And some people like a higher VG ratio for the amount of vapor they get.

If there are vape shops in your area I highly recommend you visit a few of them and "taste test" their flavors. Finding a juice you really like really helps when you first start out vaping.

Radical Maximus

Dec 19, 2015
Jarrell, TX
Ok my vape says 2.1 oh and my pg/ vg is 40/60 I use to smoke like 5-8 cigarettes a day what is the best e juice mix for me im very new to vaping and everything that goes with it

I also commented on your other thread but you might try a 100% PG only juice and see if that helps (it will at least eliminate PG sensitivity). You might also be getting mixes with too strong of flavors or ones you are sensitive to. I started with a premix brand called lotus and they have nice flavors that aren't heavy and don't have overtones. I have gotten some mixes from different shops that have almost gagged me with all the heavy overtones in the juice. Some add a lot of tobacco flavor trying to replicate the cigarette experience and to me it just tastes nasty. I prefer mints since I smoked menthol but I like clean flavors without tobacco overtones. Just have to keep trying different ones, if you have friends who vape try their juices or go to a shop with samplers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread