A little help for picking dual coil cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

garz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just purchased an EGO-1100mAh batt kit, with a smoktank xl dct. I wanted to buy a few replacement cartomizers for it. I am looking at dual coil tank cartos, but there's so many choices..

From here: Dual Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank

Which ohm carto should I get for a nice warm vape, that wont burn freedomsmoke type juice (ie; RY4).

Should I be looking at 2 holes or 1 hole, considering it's a standard type of battery?

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
You have a tank for it? There are two kinds of cartomizers, the ones that talk about the holes are meant to be used with tanks, the other kind are meant to be used alone. Here's a video. Cartomizer, Clearomizer or Tank, which should you use? - YouTube
They say dual coil shortens battery life. I use dual coil Smoktech cartomizers, without tank, and I like them but I have several batteries to switch out so I don't care if they die a little quicker.
Hope this helps.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
You'll need to stick with 1.5 ohm or above with those batteries. 2.0ohm would be playing it safe, although I have use the 1.5 on an eGo with no ill effects. 1 hole should work fine with Freedomsmoke juice, as I don't believe they use a high proportion of VG. 20% VG or below usually works well with 1 hole. Two holes at the most and you might want to get both just to try.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
seems like you got the same exact ego setup i got when i went to my local vendor lol.

I get the 1.5 ohm DCT 1 holes.. dont get anything over 1.6 ohms for the battery you have

pretty good prices at mtbakervapor.com and fast delivery

1 or 2 holes doesnt really matter, try both and see what you like.

if you want more ohms (like 2.0 or higher) suggest getting a vamo or zmax which are pretty cheap $40-70

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Would a single coil carto fit into the SmokTank XL?

The Boge F16 (which is a single coil) will work with that tank. The F16 has a flange on the bottom like the Smoktec cartos. Comes with 2 holes punched, and I've never had a problem with juice feeding (although I usually don't go over 50% VG).

I've been very pleased with the F16s -- use them a lot. Although I usually use them on a larger mod due to the size of the tank, they work great on my Vision Spinners (ego style batt, 1100mAh) as well.

If you want to go dual coil, you can also take a look at the Kanger dual horizontal coils. I've had better results with the Kangers than the Smoketek duals. The XL size Kanger will fit your tank, but you will have to punch holes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread