A little help with some VG questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
Hi all!

I guess I could have asked these in an email, but I figured that maybe I'm not the only one wondering about some of these things. So here goes.

First, a little background: I've been vaping on and off for about 2 years now. I say on and off because I'll vape for about a month, and then I'd develop a real dry, unproductive cough using PG. I originally thought it had to do with the really poor quality control of Chinese e-fluids, but now I'm not sure that was it.
Then when I came back to it about 2 months ago, and the scene had changed so much. Finally we had quality sources of e-liquid made in the US!
So, after some recommendations, I start trying out e-liquids from FSUSA. And man, they were great!
Most of everything I've tried were 50/50 mixes, and I was a happy camper again.
:)

But about 2 and a half weeks ago, I started to develop that dry, dry cough again. So I stopped, went back to analogs, and in about 2 days that dry cough disappeared. Just my normal morning, clear the pipes out cough I've had since I started smoking over 40 years ago.
This time instead of getting frustrated, I got mad! I started asking myself why so many others DON'T have this problem? So I started experimenting, and I think you can see where I'm going with this...
Now, I'm not saying that I have a PG allergy, per se. I've tried topical application of pure PG on my skin, and I haven't seen any irritation, even after hours of experimenting, so it may not be an allergy.
But my lungs sure don't seem to care for it.
I then tried the last couple of days vaping the only 100% VG I had - a 10ml bottle of peppermint (24mg) that I mentioned in another post. Bang! No dry coughing. And I got up this morning with that typical feeling of "Dear God, I am getting old!"
You know - normal...
:laugh:

Anyway, before this thing turns into something the size of Atlas Shrugged, here's my questions:

1. I'd like to thin the VG enough to fill a carto or a Tank system so that it can flow well enough to feed without clogging up or dry burning. Does anyone have a good "tried and true" per milliliter solution/recipe of how much distilled water I should add without losing flavor and vapor production?

(I hate wasting e-fluid while experimenting, so if someone else already has an answer, I'd appreciate it. In the mean time, I'll be dripping this Peppermint. That seems to work OK, and it's giving me my daily fix of nicotine for now.)

2. Is there a tobacco flavor like PureCig out there that tastes the same in a 100% VG, or would that change the flavor to much? Darn it, I LIKE PureCig, but the PG in it just ain't gonna work for me.

OK, I promise I'll quit for now.
I know that between the folks from FSUSA, along with the fans here , somebody here has got my back.

Thanks in advance!

E

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Sr
1. I'd like to thin the VG enough to fill a carto or a Tank system so that it can flow well enough to feed without clogging up or dry burning. Does anyone have a good "tried and true" per milliliter solution/recipe of how much distilled water I should add without losing flavor and vapor production?
...E

Um, ya' know, I could tell you to add distilled water, up to 20%, to thin you VG down so it will flow easier, but adding anything to your juice will dilute the flavor and reduce the nic strength. It's just the nature of the beast.

I could tell you to try a small mix out at 10% distilled water first, but, again, adding anything to pre-mixed juice will drop the flavor and nic strength.

I could tell you that PGA thins better, so less can be used to get the same results, but we are back to the whole dilution of pre-made juice thing. The fact that some folks get more harshness from PGA would be moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread