• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A little O.T. - but, I just had to. Sorry DV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Bah, you can make fun of that weak-sauce version of the Doctor any time you want. There are only two Doctors in my heart, Tom Baker and David Tennant. Anyone following them was doomed to failure and this new goth-boy Smith is following right in Davisons footsteps. Let's all hope they find a good replacement for him (and somehow cancel the 12 regen rule too!)

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
The new guy's face just doesn't have any character. He looks like he's part sharpei, without the wrinkles. Doctor #11, uh, no.:)
I grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor. :D

I used to think in the classic "If it aint Tom Baker, it's not worth watching" camp until I broke down and watched one of the new series episodes. At first I was disgusted that stairs were no longer the bane of Daleks like they once were... Then I had to laugh as the new doctor was just as shocked as I was. That scene is what sold me on the new series. It's not really 'new' its just a continuation with the budget it always deserved.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Bah, you can make fun of that weak-sauce version of the Doctor any time you want. There are only two Doctors in my heart, Tom Baker and David Tennant. Anyone following them was doomed to failure and this new goth-boy Smith is following right in Davisons footsteps. Let's all hope they find a good replacement for him (and somehow cancel the 12 regen rule too!)

Tom Baker was my favorite. I had my wife make a scarf just like his and I had it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread