3) Some show Genuine Health Concerns from an unknowing public.:oops:

The Less your Stories are Told, the More Substantial their Stories Become.:grr:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Most of those "incident reports" are ridiculous, full of misspellings, with little to no actual information provided... aside from claims of every symptom under the sun, with a causal relationship to vaporizer use immediately assumed, of course. One of em was from a guy claiming he used "E ciggs" which caused him to test positive for "(OTHER STUFF)". :rolleyes:

What a joke. Unfortunately, we can't laugh, cause this kind of garbage will be cited and used by those who long ago decided to regulate the vaporizer and e-liquid markets into extinction, regardless of the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Most of those "incident reports" are ridiculous, full of misspellings, with little to no actual information provided... aside from ludicrous claims of One of em was from a guy claiming he used "E ciggs" which caused him to test positive for "(OTHER STUFF)".

What a joke. Unfortunately, we can't laugh, cause this kind of garbage will be cited and used by those who long ago decided to regulate the vaporizer and e-liquid markets into extinction, regardless of the facts.
Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: beckdg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Crazy.

These are like saying..."I am 100lbs overweight, smoke 2PAD, drink a bottle of bourbon a day and am 80 years old with COPD, diabetes and a history of heart disease in my family.

I recently took a few puffs off an eCig and soon after had a mini-stroke. Of course this was 100% because of the eCig.

Whatever.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Crazy.

These are like saying..."I am 100lbs overweight, smoke 2PAD, drink a bottle of bourbon a day and am 80 years old with COPD, diabetes and a history of heart disease in my family.

I recently took a few puffs off an eCig and soon after had a mini-stroke. Of course this was 100% because of the eCig.

Whatever.
So.. I should cut back on the bourbon?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
The folks at the FDA know full well that reports like these have to be taken with a grain of salt. Reports of this nature I'm sure have been coming in on hundreds of products over many years so the FDA people know the drill. Will they use this stuff as ammo? Maybe. But there are very likely tons of reports on other products the FDA allows to stay on the market because despite the supposed claims against those products the FDA knows they are safe. I'd like to see reports for other products and how many reports for those products.

Reactions: Racehorse

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Its all propaganda.
Read a few and you can see they arent factual.

I'm thinking you did not read them all.
Some are obviously B.S.
Some are Totally inexperienced smokers having difficulty adapting to new equipment.
Some are Very possibly Adverse effects - Possible Irritations/Allergies/medicine interactions.

The Reports of Injury are mostly proven by News Reporting of the Particular incidents.
i.e. Dec. 2013
Boy, 3, burned by exploding e-cigarette

ALL, is an inaccurate assumption.

I'd like to see reports for other products and how many reports for those products.

Have Fun
MedWatch: The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program

* Now, I posted this thread so people could see some of the Facts(fiction?) On Record at the FDA, in opposition to all we believe in.

I could Debate the issues with those complainants and likely Win 90%+ on Facts, but some are unbeatable and need to be exposed as - in a minority of cases.

Reactions: pennysmalls

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Crazy.

Whatever.
You're describing "Kristy," whom the CDC paid to make a "truth about smoking" commercial about how her lung collapsed after she quit using a vaporizer and went back to smoking full time.

Reactions: skoony

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Ok, I only read the first 3 complaints in the first PDF. That was all I could take.
Sorry,but, after those first 3 it is totally apparent that the doors are wide open
and nobody is collecting the cover charge. Abuse and misuse aside did anyone
find anything other than possible allergic reactions or chemical sensitivities
that despite popular belief do not affect other wise healthy individuals?
Having said that I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the
many posters here on ECF that have inquired about their health concerns
that I have in the past dismissed as hypochondriacs or worse. After the above
posted material it is quite apparent everyone here is quite normal.
:2c:
I have never used that too,regards
Mike
Addendum, I forced myself to read the first three entries in the last 2PDF's.
Was that a mistake!?
3rd entry in the 3rd PDF. Not only does the neighbors use of a e-cigarette (that according to the complainant creates between 200 and 400 puffs per cartridge)
severely distresses his health but, his dogs too.:facepalm:
Thanks a lot @crxess once read it can't be unread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Ninja

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Registered Complaints of Health conditions related to:
Vaping and/or Exposure to Vaping.

Adverse Event Reporting

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/AboutCTP/UCM361437.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/AboutCTP/UCM379475.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/AboutCTP/UCM393323.pdf

1)Some seem to be right out of ANTZ Handbooks. :glare:

2) Some read as Seriously Hypochondriac Reactions. :blink:

3) Some show Genuine Health Concerns from an unknowing public.:oops:

The Less your Stories are Told, the More Substantial their Stories Become.:grr:
Could you please post the page where you found these links? The pdf's won't open driectly from your links for me. I read one of the collections. If you read far enough there are a few extoling the virtues of ecigs and excoriating the FDA for bad mouthing them. There are no health trends that would catch the eye of an epidemeologist. Lots of panic attacks and sad coincidences. Also many "brands" of ecigs were mentioned and I've heard of almost none of them. I wonder how many of those brands survived beyond their first container load. Then I read some of the FDA's PR pages for tobacco control and THEN I got angry. What a bunch of smug dirt bags.

P.S. So I figured out how to get all the links to open and scanned all the reports. There was one written by a nurse who believed she'd gotten into a bad batch of liquid. She had been vaping for some years and has seen plenty of panic attacks in her day so too bad that material wasn't sent to a lab. Then there were a couple of exploded-while-charging incidents. Those should be sent to the CPSC but they decline to be involved in ecig issues.

If those 3 docuements are all the reports from all those years they are very good news considering the millions of people who are or have been vapers. But mostly what I learned is how the medical system is bankrupting the civilization. That's the problem the FDA should be worried about. Their snake oil is way way way to expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
full of misspellings ...

Having done a considerable amount of proofreading over four decades in engineering, I see misspelled words everywhere ... :blink:

Some of the worst examples that I've seen were in PhD dissertations ... :rolleyes:

I suppose if we discounted all text that was poorly written, nearly everything we read would be suspect ... :eek:

But some of those "injury reports" were clearly written by extraterrestrials from the planet Doofus, left behind when the ship departed ... :laugh:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Adverse Event Reporting

Adverse event reporting exists on tens of thousands of products.

And they are all this ridiculous. :) Or some of the entries are. :)

I am glad to read them, sometimes the reasonable ones, it keeps me from buying bad products, or using products in the wrong way. I did have to report an adverse event from a flu shot I received. When you receive a flu shot from a certain "batch", and 10 minutes later you fall down at the bank while trying to cash a check, you WANT somebody to know about it. :)

It's part of consumer education and alertness.

Are you saying that vaping products, unlike the thousands of other products that event reports are filed on, should be hidden, swept under the rug, because for some reason, they are more dangerous and aggregious than all the other products on the market?

So, I should not have let anybody know when I plugged a brand new joyetech wall adapter in and it blew up my wall socket? My electrician knows about it. So does my best friend who is assistant fire chief.

Turns out I just got a bad wall adapter. They took it apart and found the problem.

As a result, I now plug everything into a power strip. And don't turn it on while holding onto it.

I almost burnt my hand up because I was plugging it in when it blew up.

Now, I know how to SAFELY plug in a wall adapter, i.e., into a power strip instead of my wall socket.

I was able to share this information with others too. It has helped keep them safer.

Adverse events reports have a place in consumer protection, and I'm sure the FDA can distinguish between the hilarious ones from outer space and the reasonable ones like the one I wrote on the flu shot.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Are you saying that vaping products, unlike the thousands of other products that event reports are filed on, should be hidden, swept under the rug, because for some reason, they are more dangerous and aggregious than all the other products on the market?

So, I should not have let anybody know when I plugged a brand new joyetech wall adapter in and it blew up my wall socket? My electrician knows about it. So does my best friend who is assistant fire chief.

No, I am attempting to further Educate Members on what Does go on involving E-ciagrettes and one part the Public plays in involving the FDA.

Of Course you have done an excellent - Racehorse Spin, once again:facepalm:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Im seeing alot of nic overdose symptoms, anxiety attacks in the reports... and several of the people making the report(s) have mental discrepancies listed.... and a general overall lack of education and an aptitude to believe the urban myths that have sprung up in the infancy of vaping...

and also the time frame of the info collected... 2010 - 2013, the majority of the reports list ciga-likes, most of them being sub par even by my minimal standards... :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
No, I am attempting to further Educate Members on what Does go on involving E-ciagrettes and one part the Public plays in involving the FDA.

Of Course you have done an excellent - Racehorse Spin, once again:facepalm:

Yes, whenever I disagree with you it's spin. :)
I also noticed you only posted the "ridiculous" ones......

Adverse event reporting has a solid place in consumer education. Why not post some of the illuminating ones? Or, are any and all reports on anything vaping related, that are not glowing, just spin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread