A Major Milestones for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
Yesterday I got all the fixins' to make up my first attepmt at DIY juice. Got some Double RY4 from RTS. Made a few 5ml samples using a 1 ml syringe and a couple 10ml bottles. Steeped them using the hot water method and they are now sitting in my closet, lids off, waiting for me to sample them. I figure I'll take a toot in about a week. ANTICIPATION!!!!

Also yesterday I received my Kanthal 32 AWG from Temco and, not 5 minutes ago, wrapped my first Evod coil!!!!

Wrapped 4/5 around a #4 machine screw, threaded cotton through it, put it back together and it measures out at 1.9 ohms!!!!

This crap is so much FUN!!!!

Hope the juice turns out, wish me luck. Ya see I am pretty good at electronics after 20 years in the Navy and also J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 and 620 Trainer so soldering under a microscope, etc is no problem. Matter of fact it's fun!
The juice part..... Ummmmmmmmmmmm well I just hope it turns out alright.

Thanks to all of you who have given me advice and shared your knowledge. I truly appreciate it!!

Next step may be dripping.....Sub-Ohm coils.... Hmmmmmmmm the possibilities!!!

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
That is top notch.

You have more patience than me. I would of at least tried a couple drops on a dipper. Some juices are great right out of the gate.

Well, I left that part out. I put some of the batch with 10% flavor in an evod and some with 13% flavor in another and they both suck. Colorless, very flat tasting and at 70/30 PG/VG with ~13mg Nic, I get NO TH and I can hardly draw a drag through the evods. That is why they are steeping! Not sure what else to do except stay hopeful.

They may take a month or a year to taste decent or they may never be any good, I got no clue.

Sure hope they turn out though.

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
And so it begins. It probably won't be long before you're building your own mods now

Hmmmmmm...... I am the Electronics mgr where I work and we have a full lab with soldering stations, microscopes, esd areas..... and one of my peers is in charge of our company's machine shop (FULL machine shop) so, ya never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread