A matter of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
I keep reading that our kind caring feds are trying to regulate the e cig. That just proves what I have been saying for years. the battle against smoking was never a matter of health, it is a matter of control. there is a group of people who think they are smarter than anyone else who ever walked on this planet and they want to tell you and me what is good for us. We saw this for years re smoking, now it is dominate in the area of food, and they are trying to get control of vapers. Reminds me of the movie made from Brave New World. They just want everyone to take their SOMA mind control tablets and do what they are told when they are told and not ask any questions. I really hate to see it. I grew up in the 50s and 60s and the loss of freedom since that time is almost unimaginable. I wonder what the next ten to twenty years will bring. Oh well vape if you got em, and until the feds get control we still got em. :?:

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I agree it's a matter of control, control over our wallets. I don't think the FDA or the federal government gives a rats a** about the potential ill effects of e-cigs. I think they just want to tax us to death. I think a product that is a widely popular as e cigs are, that has the potential to eliminate a lot of tax dollars by converting smokers into vapers scares them silly. They disguise their greed with false concern over the safety of the device, but quickly cave under the weight of one judicial ruling? Yeah, right. They realized if they just regulate e cigs like tabacco, they can recoup potential lost tax revenue from analogs.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Let's not fail to show our enemies the respect they deserve. The anti-smoking lobby is based on a positive message. Smoking kills. Fighting against that fact is not a bad thing. The issue arises from the fact that the anti-smoking lobby won the smoking culture war ages ago. Smoking has basically become social taboo over the last couple decades. As a result some of the most profitable corporations in this country are faced with a declining consumer base and some very powerful interests in both the private and public sector have a lot to gain by legislating the status quo. PVs are a threat to the status quo.

As with all complex issues it's just not as simple as "they're bad and we're good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread