A means to productivity?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Found this local news report of government employees taking 15-20 breaks a day (to smoke) quite interesting. Maybe the government should start using e-cigs as a means to productivity. :)

Where I work, smoking is not allowed anywhere on campus which meant I had to get in my car and drive down the road to smoke. Definitely took a lot more of my time. I'm much more productive now that I vape at my desk (and no one even knows about it). I don't think these government employees really want to cut out thier 15 breaks a day, but since they are talking about cuts, maybe this would be a way to cut staff and gain more work.

I-Team: Up in Smoke | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | I-Team

I-Team: Up in Smoke, Again | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | I-Team

drichardson

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
PA, USA
Wow, what a horrid "investigation".

These people aren't working an assembly line! You can't measure productivity in "time spent at desk". That's ridiculous.

Frequent breaks for certain kinds of workers can significantly Improve productivity. [still can't post links :( ]

This is to say nothing of the non-smokers who spend time at their desk playing solitaire -- away from the prying eyes of the "reporter".

Speaking of wasted money (albeit, not taxpayer money) Did this reporter REALLY spend several days standing outside, feeling morally superior, for a meaningless one-page story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread