The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A minor "mod" to the ultra for the frictionally challenged

Discussion in 'Innovapor' started by Flebo, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Flebo

Flebo Full Member

Nov 20, 2009
    About a week ago, after constantly having trouble getting my ultra to fire due to my sweaty hands, I started trying to think up a solution. After much thinking and noticing that I had no trouble getting a grip on unfinished metal (even with sweaty hands) I went and got some 600 grit sandpaper from home depot and lightly-very lightly-sanded alittle bit of the finish off the inner battery sleeve-and it worked! No more grip problems ever since I did the sanding, which was 3-4 days ago. This will make the inner battery sleeve not as shiny, but for me atleast, was totally worth it. Anyone else done this or have thoughts?

2. Slo Ryd

Slo Ryd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2009
    City of Trees
    I havent heard of anybody doing this before but I have heard of people actually putting a small patch of grip tape on the battery sleeve for extra grip.

3. jayvolt

jayvolt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    West Palm Beach FL USA
    or working with a local gunsmith to try and get em to do a 100 LPI checker job on 3 of the bands (wink)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.